Our partner

North Africa, Sahara Trauma

Open Discussions about Combat Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

North Africa, Sahara Trauma

Postby SaharaSon » Tue May 23, 2017 10:18 pm

I am not a (official) US armed forces member. I have served my country. I am a US born, combat, wounded veteran of multiple conflicts. I am a former prisoner (of Revolution). I have provided support for my dad who was a USN officer providing Intel for US armed services. I provided active support at great physical risk as a child. That is to say I was on several occasions experiencing existential threats. I was in war, revolution, severe civil unrest multiple times. As a consequence of these experiences I have PTSD, CPTSD and IED (Intermittant Explosive DIsorder). I am also dealing with abandoment issues as a result of having been left behind by my mother when my father was seriously injured. I was 4-5 years old, left with strangers in a foriegn country, never to know when I was to see my family again. Shalom.
SaharaSon
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:37 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: North Africa, Sahara Trauma

Postby quietgirl2538 » Wed May 24, 2017 11:25 am

My heart goes out to you. Serving in the military like your dad did and you being through so much cannot be easy. It does affect you. Do you have any professional help such as seeing a therapist who specializes in PTSD?
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Dx: Bipolar I and ADD
Lamictal 300mg
Wellbutrin XL 300mg
Vraylar 6 mg
diazepam p.r.n 10 mg twice a day
Elavil (Amitriptylin) 20mg for insomnia
Methylphenidate (Ritalin) 10mg

Forum Rules

PsychForum rules and Active Staff
quietgirl2538
Moderator: Consumer

Blog: View Blog (80)

Postby SaharaSon » Wed May 24, 2017 5:06 pm

Quietgirl, you are a kind heart. Yes I am seeing docs. The best was in the same war. He was on the front lines and very badly injured. I respect him a hell of alot. He was been a big, big inspiration and help. I am doing pretty well all things considered. I have bad days, particularly when I talk to my one remaining brother. He is a walking talking trigger machine. He is a narcisitic jackass. He went through 20% of what I did. He is thousands of miles a way now. I hope it stays that way. I do appreciate being able to talk it out with folks that have been there. This is the first year I have ever talked to anyone about these times. Shalom.

-- Wed May 24, 2017 12:07 pm --

Quietgirl, you are a kind heart. Yes I am seeing docs. The best was in the same war. He was on the front lines and very badly injured. I respect him a hell of alot. He was been a big, big inspiration and help. I am doing pretty well all things considered. I have bad days, particularly when I talk to my one remaining brother. He is a walking talking trigger machine. He is a narcisitic jackass. He went through 20% of what I did. He is thousands of miles a way now. I hope it stays that way. I do appreciate being able to talk it out with folks that have been there. This is the first year I have ever talked to anyone about these times. Shalom.

-- Wed May 24, 2017 12:10 pm --

Sorry about that. Was in bad thunderstorm, thought I lost first reply electronicly. :wink:
SaharaSon
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby quietgirl2538 » Wed May 24, 2017 7:24 pm

That's ok, it happens sometimes that it shows 2 copies.

I'm so glad you have help. You sound so upbeat and I am glad to know that. Family can be (shakes head)...family...
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Dx: Bipolar I and ADD
Lamictal 300mg
Wellbutrin XL 300mg
Vraylar 6 mg
diazepam p.r.n 10 mg twice a day
Elavil (Amitriptylin) 20mg for insomnia
Methylphenidate (Ritalin) 10mg

Forum Rules

PsychForum rules and Active Staff
quietgirl2538

Blog: View Blog (80)

Postby SaharaSon » Thu May 25, 2017 2:56 am

Quietgirl, I just had a good talk with my brother. I told him that he has to be nice to me or I will not talk to him. It is all about respect. It went ok. Just trying to stay on an even keel, not too high not too low. Taking it one day at a time. Nature helps me alot. Love my animals, wildlife and growing things. I live out in the country. Love it. I have seen Florida panthers three times on the property and lots of bear signs around. I should have been born an American Indian. I like thier respect for animals and nature. Thanks Quietgirl, it helps to know that someone cares. Have a good weekend, I'll be remembering my dad this weekend. He was a USN dive bomber pilot in the South Pacific in WW II. I miss him alot. Shalom.
SaharaSon
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby SaharaSon » Tue May 30, 2017 2:28 am

SaharaSon wrote:I am not a (official) US armed forces member. I have served my country. I am a US born, combat, wounded veteran of multiple conflicts. I am a former prisoner (of Revolution). I have provided support for my dad who was a USN officer providing Intel for US armed services. I provided active support at great physical risk as a child. That is to say I was on several occasions experiencing existential threats. I was in war, revolution, severe civil unrest multiple times. As a consequence of these experiences I have PTSD, CPTSD and IED (Intermittant Explosive DIsorder). I am also dealing with abandoment issues as a result of having been left behind by my mother when my father was seriously injured. I was 4-5 years old, left with strangers in a foriegn country, never to know when I was to see my family again. Shalom.

"Tzarati lefanav agid, agid" - I will tell him of my troubles
SaharaSon
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Return to Combat Post Traumatic Stress Disorder