Our partner

POSSIBLE PTSD or ACUTE ANXIETY SYMPTOMS?

Open Discussions about Combat Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

POSSIBLE PTSD or ACUTE ANXIETY SYMPTOMS?

Postby slc15747 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:50 am

Hello all. I am a first time poster. I returned from Afghanistan about 10 months ago after serving a one year tour (Federal govt employee) and have experienced anxiety and possibly PTSD like symptoms. Immediately after I returned to the U.S. I would sometimes feel short of breath and that I could possibly pass out. This specific symptom has gotten much better over the last several months (and is essentially non existent now) but it happened a few times while driving which was scary. I never had this feeling while driving in Afghanistan (something I did almost on a daily basis). When it happened I had to really focus on the road until the feeling passed a few minutes later. Does this sound familiar to anyone as a symptom of PTSD or AAD? I do feel several other PTSD like symptoms but this passing out feeling was very strange and different than most of the symptoms listed for PTSD and AAD. Thanks
slc15747
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:23 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: POSSIBLE PTSD or ACUTE ANXIETY SYMPTOMS?

Postby AirborneMedic82911 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:56 am

From what I know if nothing stood out to you consciensouly or unconscienciously then it may have been just a random panic attack with something possibly weighing on your mind? My ptsd was delayed, the initial panic attacks were like yours but I "drove on" and ignored help because "you're weak" in the military to get help. No the opposite it takes a stronger person to admit the possibly of a problem and to face them and talk about them. I knew a guy that I tried to help and talked about "little" things but in the end him not talking about it because of the stigma with BH he ended committing suicide, I'll never forget him but it's a reminder that seeking help is okay.
AirborneMedic82911
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:23 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Combat Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post