Our partner

My spelling

Cognitive Disorder NOS message board, open discussion, and online support group.

My spelling

Postby Snaga » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:41 pm

... has gone to Hell.

I mean, seriously. I'm beginning to wonder what's up with me? It's a bit scary. I've noticed this for.. mm a little while, but it seems as if it's just suddenly gotten a fair bit worse.

I was trying to spell 'ingredient', just a moment ago. And I must have run through every damn possible spelling of the damn thing. Yes yes my browser throws up a little red underline to let me know it's wrong and I could right-click it and solve the entire problem, but that's not the point. The point is, I shouldn't need a machine to tell me how to spell a basic word.

I've also noticed I sub a lot of short words, when typing. Or... consistently hit the wrong keys. Now, parts of me- especially the female alts that front, they can bloody well touch type with their eyes closed- well the body's eyes closed. Me, not so much- but still I'm worse than normal.

And some of my spelling.. suddenly I substitute 'd' for 't'.

I don't know, it's almost a written aphasia. And sometimes my mouth trips as well. But not often. Mostly it's when I'm writing.

It's a bit disconcerting- and it's definitely maddening. Maybe it's just getting older and being in iffy health. It's not as if I'm working out at the gym, then running laps.

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Cognitive Disorder NOS Forum