Our partner

What is the bias of “do what I say, not what I do”?

Cognitive Disorder NOS message board, open discussion, and online support group.

What is the bias of “do what I say, not what I do”?

Postby wisekid » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:47 pm

Hello all (I apology if this belongs to another category).

How do you call the bias of a professional who fails to recognize his mistake as a professional and instead reacts on a personal level.

Example: a web marketer who does a mistake in the way he markets his own web marketing course and fails to recognize it, yet his job is to teach how to market properly.

This bias often concerns teachers, example with a fitness coach who teaches well his student but does the wrong movement when he does fitness for himself, and will find excuses to do so.

This is a very particular bias, don't confuse it with for example a doctor who is told that he gives the wrong treatment. For the bias I'm talking about that doctor should be himself in charge of preventing treatment errors and his mistake would occur when he gives the wrong treatment to himself or a relative, not a patient.

I find it similar to the saying that "shoemakers have the worst shoes". They make perfect shoes for others but for themselves they are sloppy, and we can easily imagine that they will get mad if we point it out even though their job is to make the best shoes.

What is the official name of the bias I'm describing ?
wisekid
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:18 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Cognitive Disorder NOS Forum