Our partner

Need help and opinion

Cognitive Disorder NOS message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Need help and opinion

Postby damol111 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:03 pm

My wife and I are in the middle of a divorce after having a perfect marriage for years.
She received steroid shots, had two surgeries and after the second surgery just snapped.
Everything is negative in her mind. There are no positive feeling or memories left in her brain.

She went to see a therapist with me but stopped going after 4 visits. I have been seeing the therapist for the last two months and we talk about myself and her behavior.
Now the therapist thinks that my wife is affected by Cognitive distortions and that is the reason why everything is so negative for her. The therapist also thinks that my wife is suffering from a mood and possibly and personality disorder along with PTSD.

I am going back to the therapist tomorrow but would like to get some more information about Cognitive disorder on this forum.

Will her negative feeling and thoughts go away without any treatment? Is it possible that she will realize on her own that something is wrong?

Any feedback is highly appreciated.
damol111
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:33 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Cognitive Disorder NOS Forum