Our partner

Difficulty Thinking - Memory Problems

Cognitive Disorder NOS message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Difficulty Thinking - Memory Problems

Postby crnspwgr11145 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:51 am

Hello. I have a few questions about what certain cognitive issues can be or if there is a term for them. I would like some light shed on some of my issues.

I am in my early 30s. I have A LOT of "brain farts." I can probably literally listen to a song 30 times in a row and still forget most of the lyrics. Overall, I have a terrible memory (short-term and long-term). Many times, I can not remember something, including things I have done my whole life, until my memory is jogged by something or someone else. I think I get enough sleep, but I still feel too tired to get things done most of the time. I feel very scatter-brained. I forget what words mean all of the time. And I could be talking about something and suddenly forget what that something even is. I am guessing this is because I am not focusing on things well. I read about brain fog, and I have tried a few things, but nothing seems to help. I have not been very consistent with the solutions though. Sometimes, people can say something to me again and again, but I can not process what they are saying. I could have just finished with something and forget most of what I did. It is almost like I am on automatic.

I have been on ADHD medication, but nothing has helped. And they usually made me feel sick. I do get anxiety. So that might have something to do with it. I have tried some supplements, but they did not do anything to improve my cognition. They more likely make my brain fog worse. I have become very dependent on Google because I have to look up so many things because I forget. There are times where I need to do something, and as soon as I go to a different place or do something else, I forget what I was thinking or what I was going to do. I could be talking to someone, and my mind just goes blank right in the middle of a sentence, and it becomes difficult to say anything. This has been getting worse and worse over the past 15 years or so. I have always had memory problems for as long as I can remember. I have done countless research on this problem. I know I am getting older and my brain is not going to work the same as years ago, but I want to be able to think clearer. My physician does not seem to know. Any ideas? What are some possibilities? Thank you.
crnspwgr11145
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:43 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Cognitive Disorder NOS Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post