Our partner

Thought blocking

Cognitive Disorder NOS message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Thought blocking

Postby smeraldino » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:29 pm

Hi guys!

I'm 20 years old, male.
I'm gonna describe the disorder that afflicts me by a year: in my mind I have clear all the thoughts but when I have to express them in words a blockage occurs, the feeling is not that someone has stolen thoughts but rather than an interruption of the spontaneous flow of thought (from brain to mouth), this is accompained by a feeling of discomfort.

It isn't an isolated incident,it happens ALWAYS, from the banal speech to the complex one, it happens also when I'm studying and reading and it's frustrating ( before this i loved study now it's a torture ).

Before the appearance of this symptom and also now I suffer from unwanted/intrusive thought/images, slight social phobia and depression.

I went by two psychotherapists but cause their incompetence and also my distrust I have never started a psychoterapy.

Do you have any idea of what could it be? I don't know what to do......I need help
smeraldino
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:48 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Thought blocking

Postby tryingtounderstand85 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:56 am

Those could be early signs of schizophrenia (or a psychotic spectrum disorder.) Don't freak out though, with proper follow-up and early detection you can control it well. I think you need to see a doctor (psychiatrist) or search thoroughly online for psychotherapists/psychiatrists who have good reviews from their patients.
tryingtounderstand85
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:48 am

Re: Thought blocking

Postby Bazzamataz » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:57 pm

I Don't think they are the early signs of Schizophrenia.

Check out the Pure-OCD forum topics as you sound like you are going through the same symptoms. I suffered a lot from Pure-OCD and i had the same problem of knowing what i was going to say and then it goes just before i was about to speak it.
I believe that is the anxiety getting in the way from being able to socialize normally. A symptom of Pure-OCD is Social Phobia were the fear of talking to people can produce the same symptom you are talking about. Your are consciously aware of it and it is affecting your social life making it worse but the thought blocking is normal and i went through it for years. When i got onto SSRI's and socializing more it went away and my thoughts on what to talk about became more spontaneous again because the anxiety of a social situation was gone.
Bazzamataz
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:48 am

Return to Cognitive Disorder NOS Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post