Our partner

Mild Cognitive Disorder RE. to Schizoaffective Disorder

Cognitive Disorder NOS message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Mild Cognitive Disorder RE. to Schizoaffective Disorder

Postby ginalovea » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:18 am

I am a 55 year old female who has recently been diagnosed with mild cognitive disorder related to schizoaffective disorder. Over the years, my IQ has dropped 39 points since college. That's outrag-
eous. I don't know if any of the rest of you know re. this, but, that's what these disorders do to you.
I now have difficulty remembering things. Every day is a struggle. As if the illness itself were not bad enough. It seems that the psychiatrist just gets a handle on the psychiatric symptoms and then this comes down. And I hear that sometimes it gets worse and sometimes it doesn't. They don't know if the cognitive impairment is caused by the anti psychotic medications or if it is caused by the psychotic illness itself. That is a medical controversy. My psychiatrist says it's caused by the schizoaffective. So, since, in no way can I handle the symptoms of my psychiatric disorder, I'll believe my doctor. But, man, what a high price!
ginalovea
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:25 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Mild Cognitive Disorder RE. to Schizoaffective Disorder

Postby ginalovea » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:51 am

UPDATE:
For the past two years, I have been eating a more nutritious and balanced diet, have been exercising every day (yoga, taking the stairs and playing the piano), have been meditating twice a day, sleeping 9-10 hours every night, reading classic novels every day, and studying a foreign language (Spanish). All of these activities have resulted in a 27 point gain in my I.Q. level. in the last two years and I am no longer considered cognitively impaired. I also quit drinking diet soda, to the exclusion of all other drinks, and have started drinking nothing but decaffeinated coffee, with no additives, and water.
ginalovea
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:25 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Cognitive Disorder NOS Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post