Our partner

help for undiagnosable issue

Cognitive Disorder NOS message board, open discussion, and online support group.

help for undiagnosable issue

Postby water123 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:22 am

I got diagnosed with sleep apnea 2 years back and have beeing using cpap. This was started after a neuropsych diagnosed with mild cognitive disorder and adhd. I had been ok for the last 2 years with ability to do complex tasks. I had been taking piracetam 1600mg and alpha-GPC.

However starting 7 months back I started getting increasingly common tingling sensation in my head, between the forehead and the top of the head, which increases when I need to concentrate more. The sensation is like someone is pricking mildly with 100 needles. The tingling is not painful but increases in intensity when I am under work stress. Along with this my ability to do complex cognitive tasks (planning, problem solving) has gone done a lot. When this sensation is there, it overtakes everything else and I cannot do normal work at all. I find that doing mental work has direct correlation with this headache and is related to the cognitive issues.

After going to the a psychiatrist, he diagnosed me with depression for which I am now taking bupoprion. But I think the depression is due to the struggle in the last 7 months. I feel better with that mood-wise after taking it however my tingling/pricking headache when concentrating has not gone away. I have also gone to a neurologist and taken MRIs which didn't yield anything. The only thing that dulls the sensation is ibuprofen.

I have run out of ideas on figuring out what is happening and is causing a lot of anxiety.

Has anybody experienced this tingling/pricking along with cognitive issues. What should I do? Is this some rare disease.
water123
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:11 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: help for undiagnosable issue

Postby SBBro » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:30 am

It sounds like a chemical imbalance caused by the nootropic use, take fish oil and exercise.

I don't think more chemicals is a good idea but if you need them that's different.
2012 "just anxiety"
2013 inpatient 'suicidality, MDD etc
2014 "youve been diagnosed with everything under the sun"
BPD
Current meds: Zoloft 25mg
SBBro
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:11 am

Postby Rusty9 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:53 am

I think you've been diagnosed far too much, water123. Ditto on being medicated. Your lessened ability to handle complex tasks may be directly related to medication. I look at it this way. Any medication that will kill you if you if you take too much, there is a lesser dose that only kills you half way and decreases your ability to function mentally by say 50%. Another level of dosage only knocks out 10% of your ability to function. I am not an MD or psychiatrist. I take no psychiatric meds, preferring not to dull my senses nor my ability to think and function. A lot of my thinking on this is in the topic below.

Should you want me to read anything you might answer go to "General", then "Living With Illness Forum", then scroll down to my topic"I'm frustrated by this fouled up world." and reply there. That's the only place I'll see what you write. I will reply.
Rusty9
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:11 pm

Postby BiB » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:40 pm

With tingling it can be dissociation.
-------

Sorry for my English, Im not a native.
BiB
Consumer 6