Our partner

4th therapist and a new one is needed

CBT message board, open discussion, and online support group.

4th therapist and a new one is needed

Postby Katzkat » Wed May 23, 2018 9:22 am

Hi,

I have been in therapy on and off for the past 4 years, as it all started with my marriage having problems, went into me figuring out he is either narcissistic or sociopath or both, and abusive, so i left and got divorced.
That was 3 years ago.Last 7 months i've been in regular therapy, and i feel i am not yet where i want to be.
I don't have any clarity on my life.I know i would want to be "more normal"to be able to have a normal relationship and maybe kids some day, but it all seems a dream as i had only messed up relationships.

I really don't know what to do.I want to change the therapist, as i asked him for tools, the only one i got was one to help clarify distorted thoughts, I also asked him to challenge me more or push harder because i am not happy with the progress.

I am 33 and i want to get better faster rather than later..
Do you have any ideas for me please?
Katzkat
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:02 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: 4th therapist and a new one is needed

Postby nibby » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:55 pm

It's okay to be exactly where you are. It sounds like you are not okay with this, which means you're not okay with the present. When you're not okay with the present, you're not okay with life. Have you thought about mindfulness and meditation? This can really help to focus, bring clarity into your life and accept life for how it is, right now. Especially when you start to meditate daily.

What do you consider normal to be? How do you want to be challenged? I feel like you may know what area of your life you want to improve and you may know what you want to do. You're just waiting for someone to tell you to do it.
nibby
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:02 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post