Our partner

What kind of CBT techniques exist for athletic performance

CBT message board, open discussion, and online support group.

What kind of CBT techniques exist for athletic performance

Postby Aztec1234 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:27 pm

I do sport that I hope to compete one day. I wanted to know what CBT techniques are there for enhancement of physical performance.

Some background about me. I used to be very lazy in the past, and very spoiled as a young child. My parents rewarded me for nothing almost always. I became depended on them. I have done very few difficult things in my life, and I had low self-control. I changed for the better as I grew up. But elements of the past still persist in my head today. I still have a sweet tooth and I like quick fixes instead of looking for the optimal solution.

What I practice today is collecting 10 motivatonal quotes daily from the internet and sometimes teaching others about them and other psychological perceptions.
Examples of a few quotes that I collected:
- "Kill them with success and bury them with smile"
- "There is no elevator to success, you need to take the stairs."
- "Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in."

For my sport NLP, meditation, visualization, positive affirmations to manipulate the subconscious, are too weak to perform. I like collecting and memorizing my quotes. I will keep doing so until I reach 1000 quotes.

I thought to ask you, is my method of changing my belief system is effective..and what other CBT techniques are there to help me?

I like the cognitive perspective more than other perspectives in psychology. I used to work as a programmer and a hacker.. and I am used to see the analogy between a computer and our brain. A computer iterates over lines of code and our brain iterates over thoughts. If I could modify the perceptions behind those thoughts, I would change the results that those iterations give at the end..and hence my final behavior.

What do you think?
Aztec1234
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:35 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy