Our partner

Just finnished my CBT

CBT message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Just finnished my CBT

Postby Iminneed » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:24 am

So i had a 6week group therapy, there was 3 others with me. I must say it has made me become more self-aware, the therapy was mainly focused on relationships with others, finding coping strategies for when we feel like we're in an emotional/panic crisis, how to problem solve when problems occur and how to love and treat ourselves and others, how to control our anxiety/problems through "mindfulness" - if y

I did enjoy the therapy and it has made me more self-aware, I didn't appreciate how they were telling us how is right to act and how is wrong to act, some of the examples they gave were so unrealistic that I couldn't connect it with any of the things I'm dealing with.

Overall I enjoyed the experience and if any of you are thinking of doing CBT, I would say go for, it will only help :D
Iminneed
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:23 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Just finnished my CBT

Postby Mickmukj4 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:37 am

Has anyone had experience of being treated with CBT? Any help or advice will be great. An anxious: Princess 1982
Mickmukj4
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:53 pm

Re: Just finnished my CBT

Postby cribbageking » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:07 pm

Yeah, I don't like how my therapist tells me what is right or wrong. I think I have a good enough internal sense of ethics that I don't needs someone to be prescriptive and maxim-producing for me.

I am curious, if you care to share, what specific moral admonishments you were you told.
cribbageking
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:23 pm

Return to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy