Our partner

Can CBT help with clinical sadism?

CBT message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Can CBT help with clinical sadism?

Postby SadisticVegan » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:12 pm

I don't know much about CBT at the moment, but past regression therapy is always a drag and seems counter effective(makes my sadism worse)
SadisticVegan
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:46 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Can CBT help with clinical sadism?

Postby Smiggles » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:22 am

CBT helps you identify and change your perspective of things, it's very beneficial for those looking to transfigure negative and unhealthy thoughts. While it's commonly used to 'treat' Depression and Anxiety, it can be and is used for other medical purposes. I suggest you discuss this with a professional mental health worker, they will be able to give you more info and insight regarding CBT and what it provides, it's important to come to mutual agreement that this type of therapy will be good for you and your difficulties.... otherwise you'll pretty much render it useless.
*Won't be very active over the next 3 weeks*

There's no such thing as true good or true evil, its all relative to the observer.

My previous username is Corgis.
Smiggles
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:46 am

Re: Can CBT help with clinical sadism?

Postby cribbageking » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:37 am

I have a hunch that you can change your sadistic tendencies, though this is not scientifically tested and so should be taken with many grains of salt.

Sadistic tendencies sometimes can be taxonomized in the DSM; sadistic thought disorder, which might take on a nature in terms of sex and masturbation fantasies, is thought to be problematic, last time I checked, if it occurs for more than 6 months.

I would imagine that the cognitions behind sadism are different for different people. Also, for any one person with sadistic emotions, it is probably there case that there are a group of thoughts or thought processes behind them; there may be a chief few.

In order to understand your tendencies I would ask if these tendencies are recent or not. I would ask what sort of thoughts also come up along with these thoughts and emotions.

Although I might not have a helpful situation, I would think that some form of CBT can probably help to some extent.

Would you care to share what your thoughts are on this matter? Perhaps you would not want to, and of course that is fine.

If you would like, you could also send me a quick e-mail about this. *mod edit* I hope you have ease with your thoughts and feelings. Take care.
Last edited by seabreezeblue on Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: email address removed in accordance with rules.. no further changes.
cribbageking
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:46 pm

Return to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy