Our partner

why are my eating habits so messed up?

Childhood Eating Disorders message board, open discussion, and online support group.

why are my eating habits so messed up?

Postby thecrystalgems » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:04 pm

ever since i was a kid i have been a very picky eater. it was strange because it wasn't like i had the luxury of choice when it came to food, but i rarely could bring myself to eat what we had. i'm almost 19 now and it's the same. i can't eat cereal or most breakfast foods (excepting eggs and bacon), i can't eat most fruits or vegetables, and i can only stomach a few specific sandwiches. i can eat most meats, but seafood has always made me feel sick despite having only taken maybe a few bites of salmon in my whole life. my current diet consists almost entirely of symphony bars (which has been my favorite candy bar my whole life) and water. sometimes i have pizza at work, or i'll grab something from a fast food place. i've lost almost 40 lbs since the summer without meaning to, and oftentimes i forget to eat. i've gone days without eating at all. the majority of the time i only eat once a day. none of this is purposeful. i don't know why i can't eat like a normal person. my dad tells me i used to like cereal and bananas and things before he and my mom got divorced. after i "started" getting picky my dad would force me to eat foods that i didn't like and that would make me yucky inside. he forced me to eat mushed up bananas, he forced me to eat french toast when i stopped being able to eat it, he forced me to eat rice after i put too much ketchup on it and it burned my mouth. he would yell at me and wouldn't let me leave the table until i did. i was also neglected by my mom later in my life and the only way i could eat was if i collected change and got candy from the vending machines at school or if i stole bags of chocolate from the store. i still don't know why i stopped liking so many things, but i think those things may have definitely reinforced it. all i know now is my eating is very disordered.
thecrystalgems
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:39 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Childhood Eating Disorders

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post