Our partner

Pica

Childhood Eating Disorders message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Pica

Postby BlackholeInside » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:35 am

Well dealing with bulimia now, I do rememeber as a child I would crave things...things not really food. Sometimes I would eat paper cause it looked good or maybe even soap...like laundry soap. To this day I crave it but have been able to stop myself. I am reading up on this topic and find it mostly occurs in children who are malnurished...or even in pregnant women (because your body has ways of telling you what you need) I just thought it would be interesting to have this topic in this forum becuase it is in fact a type of eating disorder...one of those EDNOS
Make a smile seem worth it-
even though I cant
I will try
even if its fake
BlackholeInside
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:54 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby jocasey » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:37 pm

i was severely malnourished as a child and often ate grass,wallpaper and newspaper to stave off the horrible hunger pains. when i was in foster care i was getting 3 meals a day but still craved paper and for some reason soil. you posting this bought it all back!. i never thought much about it before but i still eat newspaper..just nibble the edges lol
jocasey
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:54 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Childhood Eating Disorders