Our partner

My 9 year old hears 100's of voices and they upset her

Childhood Disorder NOS message board, open discussion, and online support group.

My 9 year old hears 100's of voices and they upset her

Postby Shezzle » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:37 pm

My daughter says she hears 100's of voices. And its upsetting her and we are at a loss on what to do. She only told us a few months back but says she has had them.for.quite a few years. She remembers.when.they started it was when I had an emergency op. My husband put her to bed, said he was having a bath and would pop in after and say good night again, when he did she was already asleep,but of course she wasnt aware that he came in. so her voices started.
She has started to try and control them by telling them to go away. I spoke to the school and they monitor it and gave her a book to write in.
We went to the stables where she rides and they were selling horse shoes, so I had an idea, I told her they are lucky and if she takes it everywhere then it will take her voices away. That night she didnt get them.she took it in her school bag and we managed to get rid of them for about 5 months. She said she used to get them when bored, but they.have told her once to throw herself down the stairs, luckily she knew it was wrong and didnt.
Unfortunatly they have started to come back,but not as bad. She is scared of them coming back.
She is a very Sensitive young girl, top of her class, has a very active imagination and tonight got upset about growing up and about me dying and that she dont want to die.
I have said to her about dr's. But she wont go. I have thought about going to speak to dr myself,but I know he will want to see her and she will feel let,down.
Shezzle
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:24 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: My 9 year old hears 100's of voices and they upset her

Postby Ada » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:08 pm

Do you know why she doesn't want to go to the doctor? What scares or upsets her about that idea?

Have the school got any resources you could call on, like a visiting child psychologist perhaps? If she's seeing someone in a familiar environment, it might be more reassuring for her.
We think too much and feel too little.
 More than machinery, we need humanity.
 More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness.

Charlie Chaplain in The Great Dictator
Ada
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:24 am
Blog: View Blog (35)

Re: My 9 year old hears 100's of voices and they upset her

Postby Nixe » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:33 am

I think it's a really good sign that she came to you and told you about it. When I was about 10 or 11 I started hearing voices. It was right after my best friend had died. I always thought they were spirits travelling with me and kept me company but at one point they turned on me and I got my first psychotic episode. I haven't told my mom until this year and I'm 21 now so that was 10 years ago.
The way you describe her sounds a lot like my mom would describe me.

I think you should really try and make her less scared of the idea of going to the doctor or therapist or whatever, though I believe this will be hard since it was for me. I didn't see a therapist until I was 14 and even then for different reasons. I think I could have lived a happier life if only I would have talked to someone when it happened and gotten help but i didn't so I've been pretty bad for a very long time.
(not too sure how much sense I'm making right now...)
Nixe
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:24 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Childhood Disorder NOS Forum