Our partner

6 yr old son with multiple diagnosis need help

Childhood Disorder NOS message board, open discussion, and online support group.

6 yr old son with multiple diagnosis need help

Postby Soringbye » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:22 am

My 6 year old son has been diagnosed with ADHD, ODD, Bipolar, OCD, PTSD, and depression. He is extremely violent the doctor keeps changing his meds but so far nothing is working. School has put him on home and hospital because he gets agitated and will throw things or hit others. I took him to the hospital 2 weeks ago because he had an episode and they told me I just needed to take him home and deal with it. I love my son so much but don't know how to help him and no one has been able to direct me to somewhere that can. He has been in counseling since he was 3 because on top of his problems his father was abusing him from beating on him, telling him he was going to hurt me and his brothers to he was going to cut him up to sticking a lighter to his face and burning up inside my little son's nose. What my son got to see was that the courts wouldn't allow me to protect him, they kept making him see his dad, police standing back and watching as his dad chased up across their parking lots. His spirit was broken at a very young age he is angry at me because I couldn't stop his dad. He is to young to understand that if I didn't follow the court order they would have turned over to his dad. What it all comes down to is that I want to help my little boy heal and get the help he needs. He has been on Strattera, Ability, depakote, seraquil, clonidine, vayvanse none have worked can anyone give any suggestions to meds or services that I can get for him? He is can be such a sweet little boy, very polite, helpful and he is extremely intelligent.
Soringbye
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: 6 yr old son with multiple diagnosis need help

Postby jasmin » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:45 pm

Hi, Soringbye! Your poor boy went through horrible abuse, I'm so sorry. Did his doc tell you if he can have therapy? Maybe a good child psychologist who has experience with trauma could help.
It can take a while for meds to start working. You are a very good parent for taking him away from his father and taking care of him. Feel free to post about this in more forums/subforums if you like, to get more replies.
forum-rules.php
I am sorry I am not on the forum as much as I used to be, if I do not reply to you quickly, please contact another moderator/supermod/admin as well.
jasmin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:37 pm

Postby doe-eyed » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:10 pm

It sounds like you care for your son a lot, and I think it's important to express this to him frequently. Tell him he's gifted, smart, sweet, and that you love him. Often, abuse-victims need constant reassurance to rebuild the self-worth that abuse takes away. Who is prescribing the meds? Is it a GP or a psychiatrist? I'd recommend seeing a psychiatrist and seeing if you can get your boy into therapy. Maybe give him a journal to write down his feelings, or some other method of safely expressing his anger, such as a punching bag and gloves? Also, if you haven't already, I would safe-proof your house and make sure your child doesn't have access to any dangerous items such as knives or lighters, etc. I wish you the best of luck. Also, I am sorry for the struggles you have faced and commend you for doing all in your power to remove your son from a dangerous situation.
Hosts: Owl, Swan, Sparrow
Protectors: Wolf, Bear, Lion
Inkeeper: Bunny
Littles: Kitty (7), Margot (14) Pegasus (13), Noah (10)
Other: Boaz, Ezra, Fox, Broken
doe-eyed
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (18)

Postby BiB » Sun May 31, 2015 12:34 am

Poor babies, doctors think to control their mind with drugs. Some books by Hayden Torey instead.
-------

Sorry for my English, Im not a native.
BiB
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:37 pm

Return to Childhood Disorder NOS Forum