Our partner

Misophonia

Childhood Disorder NOS message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Misophonia

Postby alwaysintears » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:04 am

Hi all,
I think I have misophonia. I don't know, I get irritated when I hear the clicking of pens or the sound of erasers rubbing against paper. I burst into tears, cry my heart out, scream my head off, and curl into a ball when my mom makes a noise. I also have grapheme-color synesthesia, sound-color synesthesia, emotion-color synesthesia, pain-color synesthesia, time units-color synesthesia, a bit of taste-color synesthesia, and a bit of smell-color synesthesia. Is misophonia a type of synesthesia? Did I develop misophonia genetically, or because of the experiences I have with my mother? (My mother terrifies me; I always, somehow, expect a torrent of insults or to be physically hurt in some way). Whenever I hear trigger sounds, usually the sounds my mother makes, I want to punch something, or run away and never come back. I usually just yell, "STOP, PLEASE! JUST STOP! MAKE IT STOP! MAKE THE SOUND STOP!" but she keeps talking or yelling and I cry, sometimes having suicidal thoughts. I've never cut myself; I believe life is precious, but sometimes, in the heat of things, I worry that I might-anything to get away from the noise my mother is making. What should I do? Is there a way to cure this?
alwaysintears
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Misophonia

Postby BiB » Sat May 30, 2015 11:28 pm

What are they? Do they exist?

I think the sound is only the signal that your mother exists, when you dont see her, so the solution is she that doesnt exist more.
-------

Sorry for my English, Im not a native.
BiB
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Childhood Disorder NOS Forum