Our partner

Child-self in a war with Adult-self

Childhood Disorder NOS message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Child-self in a war with Adult-self

Postby theatreofcruelty » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:42 pm

Hello, I have a friend who has this issue, and I want to understand more about it. I figured this would be the proper place to ask about such a thing.
Does anyone experience this?
How could you describe it for me, like how it makes you feel, how it affects your social life, etc.
and what steps are you taking to get through this? I need you to be specific, like specific things you are doing to battle it.
Thank you!
You know what triggered the last world war? An argument over how many telegraph poles Germany owed its war debt creditors! Telegraph poles! Ha ha ha ha HA! It's all a joke! Everything anybody ever valued or struggled for.. it's all a monstrous, demented gag! So why can't you see the funny side? Why aren't you laughing?
theatreofcruelty
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Child-self in a war with Adult-self

Postby no-mans-land » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:00 pm

Reminds me of Transactional analysis.
theatreofcruelty wrote:Does anyone experience this?

Yes: I think so.
theatreofcruelty wrote:How could you describe it for me, like how it makes you feel, how it affects your social life, etc. and what steps are you taking to get through this?

I think it is about bringing your adult self, out at the right time and your child self out at the right time.
no-mans-land
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Childhood Disorder NOS Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post