Our partner

Oedipus and Electra Complex in adulthood

Childhood Disorder NOS message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Oedipus and Electra Complex in adulthood

Postby cureav » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:25 pm

Hi there,
I have a question for those who understand these complexes.
See, I think that me and my sister (30 and 34) are stuck in this kind of psychological trap.
Me and my mother speak often and understand each other, helping and caring. The same thing is between my sister and my father. On the other hand, I have always conflicts with my father just the same as my sister with my mother; it could say some kind of concurrency and jealousy between same sexes. My sister all her life has a relationships wit only married men, she don't find attractive single men (I think that this got to do with my fathers hooking up her feelings). My father is less educated than my mother. I think that I succeeded to take a courage and make it naturally to have a girlfriend.
I am doing all that I can to leave my home, to find a job and live my life, but in this country it is very hard. In the meantime, can someone help me how to cope with this destructive family dynamics? How to break these circles and challenge this dynamics?
Great thanks for all ideas :?
cureav
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:05 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Oedipus and Electra Complex in adulthood

Postby Melina Catalina » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:22 pm

Kudos on accepting that you have that complex.
I won´t give you advise. I am woman how has had problems with men that has that problem. Keep on working on yourself, you deserve to be happy!
Please, excuse my English. I am from Venezuela.
Melina Catalina
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:35 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Childhood Disorder NOS Forum