Our partner

Sometime I feel like such a failure

Open Discussions About Child Abuse

Moderator: Terry E.

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of abuse, some of which are explicit in nature. The topics discussed may be triggering to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

Sometime I feel like such a failure

Postby Terry E. » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:56 am

I am closing down my business which I have run for 41 years. Yes I am that old. I will be writing a book soon, maybe publish it or just put it online. It made me think about my life and of course my mother whose actions formed my life. When I started my practice as a public accountant my wife and I were broke, I had just been fired for the fourth time in 7 years, she could not work as both children had health issues. I took whatever work I could find. Within a few years I had clients from 4 different outlaw motorcycle gangs, two different brothels and a few sex workers, illegal bookies, loan shark providers, illegal bail bond dealers, had a solicitor who kept a 45 magnum in his top draw.

And I was and still am completely honest and ethical. Oh and dependable.

Over the last 34 years though I have had a variety of subsidiaries from the NY stock exchange. I used to wonder about having a Christmas party. Would have been an interesting mix.

Certainly my childhood prepared me for this. When too much risk is never enough

Not bad as I think what my mother was hoping for was a complete crash, so she could blame my father for making her life hard. When I was in my late 20s getting fired not fitting in, she may have thought she had succeeded. I always thought though .. if only I had been a serial killer, or at least an axe murderer, then I could have made her happy.
Yep, I guess I let her down.
Terry E.
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:30 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Sometime I feel like such a failure

Postby Snaga » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:22 am

Sounds as if the world could do with more failures like yours, then!

Tell someone today you love them, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also confusing and terrifying.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:30 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Terry E. » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:08 am

Thanks Snags - they say the fear of failure is a very big motivation.

Maybe one of my all time favourite sayings is it is not where you come from nor where you finish but how far you can travel in between.
Terry E.

Local time: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:30 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Snaga » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:36 pm

Terry E. wrote:Maybe one of my all time favourite sayings is it is not where you come from nor where you finish but how far you can travel in between.

I won't argue against that.

Tell someone today you love them, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also confusing and terrifying.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:30 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Child Abuse Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post