Our partner

Is this normal or dysfunctional? (TW)

Open Discussions About Child Abuse

Moderator: Terry E.

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of abuse, some of which are explicit in nature. The topics discussed may be triggering to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

Is this normal or dysfunctional? (TW)

Postby aprilflowers » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:52 pm

I'm not sure whether this is a normal thing or not, but just in case, I wanted to include a trigger warning because I don't want to upset anyone if this is abusive. Also, I may end up deleting this before the time to do so runs out so if it vanishes that's why.

I don't want to be graphic about this at all because it does gross me out a bit. Basically, I've had multiple relatives who will grab my thighs and hips without asking, and some who would spank me, sometimes in public. They were all significantly older than me and would do it even when I asked for them not to. None of it was done to hurt me nor for any sexual gratification, but it still made me extremely uncomfortable and when I think about it it can really upset me. I don't know if my reactions to this are just because of other traumas, or if this was a trauma in of itself. I wanted to ask here first because I feel dumb bringing it up to my T if it's normal.
aprilflowers
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:38 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Is this normal or dysfunctional? (TW)

Postby Allcoulors » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:43 pm

Absolutly not normal for family members to do such things! Its sexual harassement and overstepping your personal physical and emotional boundries.
Someone should have stood up for you when you said no!
Allcoulors
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:38 pm

Re: Is this normal or dysfunctional? (TW)

Postby aprilflowers » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:17 am

Thanks for your reply. It's very difficult for me to tell whether I am overreacting or not so it's helpful to hear that it's reasonable to be upset by it. I do forgive most of the people who behaved that way, as they were treated similarly as children and so they assumed that's simply how you behaved toward children I suppose, but the cycle of that is ending with me.
aprilflowers
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:38 pm

Return to Child Abuse Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post