Our partner

Are my parents abusing me?

Open Discussions About Child Abuse

Moderators: seabreezeblue, quietgirl2538, Terry E.

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of abuse, some of which are explicit in nature. The topics discussed may be triggering to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

Are my parents abusing me?

Postby sparkles89 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:01 am

My parents are great people, don't get me wrong. I love them to death. They do everything for me, I have a roof over my head, nice house, food on the table. Extra stuff outside of school, camps, stuff like that.

But, outside of all of that; the way they treat me is very hurtful. They will scream at me any time they get the chance, everything I do is wrong. They will mock me and make fun of the things I do or way I do them at times, they will curse at me and call me names. I get in trouble for the dumbest things.

An example would be I have been working on getting my grades up to A's so I don't have to take my exams, tonight I have been studying and they started screaming at me for staying up late and studying, how irresponsible it is and how it's my fault if I fail and have to take exam's. I was up until 11.

They will say anything they can to embarrass me in front of my boyfriend, but not in a cute way. They will bring up all of my past mistakes and such. My mother even threatened to ruin my 16th birthday in front of him because my sister and I had a small argument in front of her.

I don't know, they've always just gotten onto me for each and every thing I do. I have horrible depression and anxiety and am suicidal. I have had multiple anxious breakdowns to the point of me wanting to commit suicide because of them and they will sit there and laugh at me and call it pathetic, saying I'm overreacting..

Is this abuse? If it is what do I do? They will lie and scream at me if I were to call them out.. I just don't know what to do. Please help out
sparkles89
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:35 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Are my parents abusing me?

Postby quietgirl2538 » Fri May 18, 2018 5:30 pm

My mom did this type of thing to me all the time. It's verbal and emotional abuse. You can still hurt someone deeply with hurtful words even if they have it "all." I suggest you speak to a counselor and see what they say. That is all I can think of.
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Dx: Bipolar I and ADD
Lamictal 300mg
Wellbutrin XL 300mg
Vraylar 6 mg
diazepam p.r.n 10 mg twice a day
Elavil (Amitriptylin) 20mg for insomnia
Methylphenidate (Ritalin) 10mg

Forum Rules

PsychForum rules and Active Staff
quietgirl2538
Moderator: Consumer