Our partner

*TW* very lost ( very triggering )

Open Discussions About Child Abuse

Moderators: seabreezeblue, quietgirl2538, Terry E.

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of abuse, some of which are explicit in nature. The topics discussed may be triggering to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

*TW* very lost ( very triggering )

Postby Cod Fisherman » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:59 pm

*** TRIGGER WARNING ***

My first memories were of Uncles and such that would yell and scream, tear up things, violence ( 6 and below ). This was not toward or about me, I don't think, but I certainly remember two occasions on both sides of my family.

My next memories are of being beaten up at the age of 9 ( in the 80's right after the Challenger disaster ) because due to a learning disorder, I was not doing my homework. A step parent, the one that was not going to college, who was tasked to take care of me while my Mother was at School,Regularly gave me the belt, switches ( from a bush and bare skin, I would have to go outside and retrieve the switch, remove the leaves, and hear " this is going to hurt me more than it's going to hurt you" ) punched a lot..He was an angry drunk.. emotional abuse as well. "bastard" .. "cock sucker" .."little #####&".. were regular lines I would hear toward myself

He also came home once, sad and crying drunk from the bar, and over the course of an hour had me crying and feeling bad because I was not his kid. I still feel horrible guilt because of that night, I had no way of understanding what was going on. I see myself in that situation and feel like I deserved every ######6 bit of it.

I remember my first seizure like startle response was from him reaching across the dash board of the work truck and me shielding my face , it's fuzzy but he beat me up till a point where I think he knew he had to stop. Some ######6 do gooder in High School , years and years after anything could have been done, got me questioned about the scars on my back.

What's the point of this horrible $#%^?

I'm now 40ish, unable to work, unable to really be around people. I have no friends, no S.O. , no life really. I have constant compulsion to self harm though I have not taken action in a few years. I feel 100 compulsions a day to do various violent things to myself, never taking action, but suffering this "voice" nonetheless. Singing stupid Adam Sandler type songs about how I would like to do violent things toward myself. I know it's from what I went through as a kid, why else would I hate myself so much? why else would I have had PTSD since pre 2000?

I don't know what to do, I am in therapy. Therapist is just out of college, and can't help me. I don't know how many more years of living alone and hating myself I can take. I don't have the guts to give suicide a try sadly, so I am really stuck.

Some days I cry so much my face hurts. I have a drug abuse problem as well. I am only really happy when I am nodded out on opiates. Things like showering, shaving, leaving the house are becoming too much.

Sorry if this is triggering. I need to vent as I feel like I can't take it anymore. I still am the eight or nine year old getting the $#%^ kicked out of me in my head, and I just hate me more daily

I am in therapy but it's a jerk off.
Last edited by shock_the_monkey on Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited for trigger warnings.
Cod Fisherman
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:44 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: *TW* very lost ( very triggering )

Postby Terry E. » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:17 am

This is the place to vent.

It will help you, and so sorry about what you went through. Society has a long way to go to realise that the real worth of society if not in house cars buts it's children.

Don't want to sound like I am using a water pistol against a forest fire but have you tried exercising. I have found it helps with my anger and frustration. It helps my hormones levels and raises my self esteem.

Take care
Terry E.
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: *TW* very lost ( very triggering )

Postby quietgirl2538 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:13 pm

Your story is very sad. I want to hug you in person because you have suffered so much. You didn't deserve any of that. You were/are so innocent. Thanks for sharing and I hope others share here too. It's so hard to carry this much pain within ourselves. I was physically abused a little bit. But the verbal and emotional abuse was much worse. I have low self-esteem that is hard to overcome.
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Dx: Bipolar I and ADD
Lamictal 300mg
Wellbutrin XL 300mg
Vraylar 6 mg
diazepam p.r.n 10 mg twice a day
Elavil (Amitriptylin) 20mg for insomnia
Methylphenidate (Ritalin) 10mg

Forum Rules

PsychForum rules and Active Staff
quietgirl2538