Our partner

Am I making to much out of this

Open Discussions About Child Abuse

Moderators: seabreezeblue, quietgirl2538, Terry E.

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of abuse, some of which are explicit in nature. The topics discussed may be triggering to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

Am I making to much out of this

Postby Dnester » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:45 pm

When I was a teen (14) a in law of my family who was in his early thirties. Got caught snuggling with me which I was told we couldnt do anymore as it looked bad. I used to make him laugh and he would smile and hug me so hard it hurt. I loved him and he loved me but it was not sexual. Was it innapropriate?
Dnester
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:45 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Am I making to much out of this

Postby Terry E. » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:50 pm

Human biology being what it is and with someone that age, it may have lead somewhere where it was not originally intended even if original motives were pure. So yep it is always inappropriate.
Terry E.
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Objectified » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:13 am

If its not common in your family or in his family then yes.
When i was a kid, may be 8-9 my aunt's husband used to take me out on his motorbike to buy me ice cream, he loved kids and his first child died when she was a newborn. However, some of my family members found it weird as he was very young, may be 20 at that time and said it is inappropriate for me to go out with him. I loved him so much because he was so kind but i stopped going out with him because i feared those who warned me for it being inappropriate just because it wasnt common in our family to hang out that way.

Your relatives probably thought its very wrong for someone his age to be left with a teenage girl and may be he did not have bad intentions but the people around you assumed it as bad.

depends on who considers what inappropriate depending on the factors, age..sex..commonness..etc.
Objectified
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:45 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby quietgirl2538 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:08 pm

A "church person" used to hug me really hard. Later I learned he had had some kind of relationship with an underage girl. I stayed away from him after that and he lost my respect. It is what it is, in my situation.
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Dx: Bipolar I and ADD
Lamictal 300mg
Wellbutrin XL 300mg
Vraylar 6 mg
diazepam p.r.n 10 mg twice a day
Elavil (Amitriptylin) 20mg for insomnia
Methylphenidate (Ritalin) 10mg

Forum Rules

PsychForum rules and Active Staff
quietgirl2538