Our partner

What should I do to punish my abuser ?

Open Discussions About Child Abuse

Moderators: seabreezeblue, quietgirl2538, Terry E.

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of abuse, some of which are explicit in nature. The topics discussed may be triggering to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

What should I do to punish my abuser ?

Postby justforraphls1 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:37 am

I am a girl, and I am 26 now. When I was 6 years old, I was left in a room alone with a 18 year old boy. He asked me to pull down my pants and showed him my private part. I did it. He just looked at my private part and let me go. He didn't touch me or do anything else. I didn't tell anybody about it. But until today I still feel bad and want to cry every time I think about it. I really want to know what should I do? Should i tell my parents and go to the police? I want him to be punished for what he has done to be and all the pain he has caused me. I know who that boy is. What should I do ?
justforraphls1
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: What should I do to punish my abuser ?

Postby shock_the_monkey » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:19 am

at the age of 26, i think it's a bit late for involving your parents. you could, of course, go to the police but, unless he admitted this, i very much doubt that there would be any consequences for him. more importantly, i think you should seek help for your trauma by telling your GP. they ought to be able to get you some sort of counselling in order for you to come to terms with your experience.

for what it's worth, when i was very young i was gratuitously attacked by another boy. some years later i had a nervous breakdown and i've suffered from depression ever since. i have to tell you that i have no desire to punish this boy for what he did. i doubt he really understood the consequences of his actions and i see no point in causing him any problems over something that happened so very long ago. now, i know some people will argue that this is completely different, and perhaps it is. nevertheless, i do think you should focus more on healing yourself rather than punishing him.
something knocked me out' the trees
now i'm on my knees
... don't you know you're gonna shock the monkey

there is one thing you must be sure of
i can't take any more
... don't you know you're gonna shock the monkey

don't like it but i guess i'm learning

... shock the monkey to life
shock_the_monkey
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:16 am

Re: What should I do to punish my abuser ?

Postby Shaved » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:32 pm

Success is the best revenge. Be strong in yourself and keep pushing forward day by day. That person is not significant, but what happened is significant. shock_the_monkey is right to say focus on healing. You can do it!
It's all going to be ok.
Shaved
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:16 am

Return to Child Abuse Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post