Our partner

any suggestions in protecting kids from other parent?

Open Discussions About Child Abuse

Moderators: seabreezeblue, quietgirl2538, Terry E.

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of abuse, some of which are explicit in nature. The topics discussed may be triggering to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

any suggestions in protecting kids from other parent?

Postby star0dust » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:08 am

alot of anger/ domestic violence/emotionaland psychological abuse/parrntification/verbal abuse. just what I've seen from him but also terrified hes capable of abusing our daughter (2). he's on supervised visits right now but jes so manipulative and knows how people want him to act I'm scared they won't last.
star0dust
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:49 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: any suggestions in protecting kids from other parent?

Postby Terry E. » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:53 pm

Okay, is he your husband / or partner.
If married are you divorced, or separated ?
Do you have a job.
Do you own the house, or renting ?
When did these assaults occur ?
Am I right that he was jailed for 10 months - was that for assaulting you or something else ?
Terry E.
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:49 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby star0dust » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:30 pm

no he was given probation. 18 months. 10 month of no contact order enstated by police when I reported him. he had assaulted me multiple times within a few month period....he assaulted me many times over the past decade but i always lied to protect him. it was in therapy after I nearly committed suicide the abuse became apparent and I realised thst I couldn't protect my kids and him. we are seperated. I am scared because now If he gets the kids alone, not only will I not be there to intervene and have him turn it on me but the kids will be his only target to get his hatred towards me out.

I've moved out and my dad co signed to buy a house. our other house has been sold by court order. he has 18 months of no contact to me but I'm scared for my kids. the last time I seen him and our baby together he slammed her into her carseat. he's only seen her once over the past 10 months and it was supervised. he's a smart guy and really manipulative and convinced me over this whole decade that he was a victim of me. it took my therapist a good 6 months to help me see otherwise. yea the assaults were on me. often around the kids. sometiems while I was holding our baby. the most recent assault was a few weeks before I reported to police in April.
star0dust
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby star0dust » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:03 pm

and no, I don't currently have a job. am on income assistance. I'm in some pretty intensive trauma therapy right now
star0dust
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby Terry E. » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:34 pm

What exactly is meant by supervised visits, does that mean there is always a third person?

How is your relationship with the police?

Was it your dad who helped you with the support for the court orders etc?

What sort of job has he got?

Do you get any maintenance from him ?

Does he have it in his mind that there is a way back with you into a relationship again?
Terry E.

Local time: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:49 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Child Abuse Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post