Our partner

SmallTalkRed late stage breast cancer

Cancer and Depression message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: SmallTalkRed late stage breast cancer

Postby moonwake » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:37 am

uh...what stage of cancer were you/your daughter diagnosed with prior to treatment...sorry I don't have the energy to browse this thread...I'm just too depressed and anxious at the moment...and I don't know what to do...and I have no one to talk too...

anyway, nice that you guys are surviving...
love yourself because there is only one thing that is surely yours - you
moonwake
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby SmallTalkRed » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:10 pm

moonwake wrote:uh...what stage of cancer were you/your daughter diagnosed with prior to treatment...sorry I don't have the energy to browse this thread...I'm just too depressed and anxious at the moment...and I don't know what to do...and I have no one to talk too...

anyway, nice that you guys are surviving...

Good Morning moonwake,
I don't know what stage LifeSongs daughter was.

I was stage 4, terminal, but I instead of taking treatment w/the cancer still in me, I insisted that I
had the cancer removed, and it was found in 3 lymphnodes. Only after that would I take chemo.
My chemo in the 'trial' was large doses of several kinds, breast,bone,lung and colon chemo.
Needless to say, chemo x 4 , if you lived through it, and I did and moved on to radiation.
Now there is no cancer anywhere in by body!!!! :D There is hope, for everyone with any type
problem.
SmallTalkRed
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:57 am

Postby Eric_Lee » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:08 pm

Cancer would suck. I know thats a silly response, but i'd have probably just offed myself rather than suffer through all the treatments they put you through. I suppose controled poisoning is better than dieing to cancer though.. but you gotta be a pretty strong person with a lot to live for to live through that. Congratz on being a stronger person than I, hopefully what ever you lived for, you succeed in, and make this life you want so bad worth being in. Live on :D
Eric_Lee
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby SmallTalkRed » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:09 pm

Eric_Lee wrote:Cancer would suck. I know thats a silly response, but i'd have probably just offed myself rather than suffer through all the treatments they put you through. I suppose controled poisoning is better than dieing to cancer though.. but you gotta be a pretty strong person with a lot to live for to live through that. Congratz on being a stronger person than I, hopefully what ever you lived for, you succeed in, and make this life you want so bad worth being in. Live on :D

Eric_Lee,
Thank you, you are right it does suck. Before I knew, I would have said NO WAY. I am not going thru that at all. When I found out I went to my Psych and listed off many famous people who offed themself like:
Hunter S. Thompson (Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas).
Everyone has to make their own choice when it comes to dieing. I have no fear of dieing. Matter of fact I am so curious, and now my dad's passed I told him I see him on the other side.
But I had loved ones, my little boy, husband, my family. I love them.
They were looking at me with such pain and fear. I was calm. I still am.
During Radiation I had a 3rd degree burn down to my lung. I understand physical suffuring, (3rd degree) pain that burn victims go through.
I have suffered every kind of abuse there is.I say that with a humble spirit.
When I say I care, I do. When I spend time on this forum, it is because of that and only certain people can do it or care to do it.
SmallTalkRed
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:57 am

Postby LifeSong » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:38 am

My daughter has (I believe had) one of the rarest forms of childhood cancers. It presents as tumors on the exterior of the skull but they multiply and grow very fast. They are extremely aggressive, boring into and through the skull, and attack the brain. Once into the brain, their growth become unreined. All of the children with this diagnosis of the group my daughter is in have died. She has lived and, as yet, there is no sign of reoccurrence of cancer. She had surgeries, and chemo.. radiation was deemed too risky and we would do that as a last result since it would have significant impact on her brain-functioning.

I do not know what is worse.. your own suffering, or feeling helpless as your child suffers. For me, I would have taken that suffering on if I could have, and it was 'suffering' of a different sort that I could not take it from her and for her.

Life is precious to me today.
LifeSong
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:57 am

Postby moonwake » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:01 pm

:( SmallTalkRed is strong. I feel some overflow that I was able to catch some :D

@ SmallTalkRed and LifeSong
I know it's not really anything but I'm praying for your health now...plus the motherhood days.
love yourself because there is only one thing that is surely yours - you
moonwake
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Previous

Return to Cancer & Depression

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post