Our partner

Why do people bully?

Open Discussions on the Problems of Bullying.

Why do people bully?

Postby Manners73 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:18 pm

I often wonder why peoe are bullies.

I've been accused of being a bully myself and it gives me pause for thought and I do my best to change my approach with people. It's not that I intend to bully people. I don't get anything out of making people feel like $#%^ and I like to be fair to people so if I'm pulled up for my behaviour towards other people or if I notice that I'm being a @@@@@@@ then I stop.

So why do people just carry on being bullies all their lives? I don't get it.

It's a real weakness to be a bully.

If you are being bullied and you need a bit of respite just imagine you are ######6 your bully up his or her arse in front of their group of so called friends.

Don't be scared. They're only human.
England's Glory
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:04 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Why do people bully?

Postby jaus tail » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:03 am

people are bullies cause they get attention from others then. it makes them feel powerful. in a group, the leader is mostly one who is passing jokes on others or who is sarcastic. the laughter n attention from others makes them feel important. they enjoy the attention.

the reality tv shows are an example. the people who fight the most, such people get most attention. there is a youtube video of janice dickinson where she says:
'i'm sober now and work is less. but when i was doing drama, i used to get work all the time.' it's there if you type: janice oprah
exhausted
jaus tail
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby thegentlepath » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:58 pm

In my opinion, all humans are insecure & some people express this insecurity by bullying. I’m no expert though.
thegentlepath
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:04 am
Blog: View Blog (121)

Postby Johei » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:22 am

People like to hurt other people because it feels...Good.
THEY are not the ones being hurt, THEY are in control.
If they can make someone else look weak, maybe nobody will notice how weak and pathetic they are?
Off course it comes back to bite you.
Do you know the story of two men drowning?
One of them says: 'Lets work together to get out of the water'
The other one grabs his head, and pushes it under so he rises up.
Moments after the first man drowns, so does the second.
That's bullying.
Johei
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:04 pm

Postby CammieMe » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:14 am

Bullies are often misunderstood or taken for granted at home. It all starts there.
CammieMe
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:04 pm

Postby Terry E. » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:30 am

CammieMe wrote:Bullies are often misunderstood or taken for granted at home. It all starts there.

In some cases that has been shown to be true. Aggressive behaviour by parents can with some children, if that child them-self has a certain personality, can lead to bullying behaviour, but you can take two children in the same household, both faced with bad parenting and they both will come out differently.

Some people also can have what people would still consider a great home environment and come out a bully. Some people are just a waste of space.
Terry E.
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby jaus tail » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:35 pm

i think it can also be cause we're animals. its in our instinct to be aggressive. even herbivores fight each other for mating rights n stuff...

some folks get the adrenaline rush from hunting the weak down, showing people their 'place', creating a pack/gang, being aggressive, dismissing others, feeling superior..

it fills their primordial need...

i think instead of the videos on youtube n other places where people share 'kindness' and preach how wonderful it would be if all were kind and compassionate...

we must be taught:

beware of bullies -- instead of see the good in everyone
dont ignore red flags -- instead of ignore the faults in others and try to improve yourself
dont try to reform the bully -- instead of forgive the bully, rise above him, win him over with compassion

we really have too many videos that focus on 'compassion'... be compassionate toward your family and friends, not toward your bully... in that case either fight or complain or run away safely....
exhausted
jaus tail
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby m0nsterb3rry » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:12 pm

Bullying is a perceptual translation of a behavioral constant everyone demonstrates in varied ways. We are all bullies to someone. The way in which each of us bully varies, but despite the variance we all bully for the same exact reason.
m0nsterb3rry
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:04 am

Return to Bullying Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post