Our partner

Don't try to fight them

Open Discussions on the Problems of Bullying.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Re: Don't try to fight them

Postby seabreezeblue » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:05 am

I can't quite wrap my brain around how at peace you appear to be with all of this - but I think that you have a really positive outlook on this,, and i really hope you manage to achieve success..
you sound really determined to be successful - really nice to see that the bullying hasn't messed that up for you (:
Shine me a light up
and i'll run round the moon..

forum-rules.php
seabreezeblue
Site Admin

Local time: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:49 am
Blog: View Blog (26)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Mysteryman1900 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:37 am

zztop21 wrote:You laughing at the situation is what causes us to loose hope and just accept it. Imagine how it felt to be laughed at by everyone coming in and out of the locker room.

You’ll be bullied if you’re smart(nerd), attract people because of your appearance and the way you think. True it gets harder but if you’re quiet all the way they could do something dangerous to you or it could leave you with a severe depression all the way while you live,, at least defend yourself in some situations. Try to make friends with whom you trust and see if it changes. You’re a human and we’re here to help each other.
Mysteryman1900
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby shock_the_monkey » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:29 am

when i was very young there was a particular incident where i was bullied. i won't go into any specific details other than to say that i instinctively stood up for myself ... and got attacked. at the time i didn't actually appreciate the physical damage that this might have caused. many years later i eventually had a nervous breakdown. and i've suffered from depression ever since. this destroyed my life. and it's still the one thing that i almost never talk about. and certainly not in any real detail.

so, the cold hard truth here is that standing up to bullies can be very dangerous indeed, and in certain situations i've no doubt that it could cost you your life.
something knocked me out' the trees
now i'm on my knees
... don't you know you're gonna shock the monkey

there is one thing you must be sure of
i can't take any more
... don't you know you're gonna shock the monkey

don't like it but i guess i'm learning

... shock the monkey to life
shock_the_monkey
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:49 am

Postby maree12 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:00 am

bradt93 wrote:Are you kidding me? You have to fight them, because the damn teachers or principals won't do anything.

I totally agree with you Bradt. I was bullied horrendously at high school (so much so, that even when I excelled at HSC and got the points to get me into my chose course at my chosen facility, I went out to work, rather than deal with another 3 years of being bullied) The teachers knew that I was being bullied, indeed, even at a Parent/Teacher Night, one of them told my parents that "I was having a hard time" but none of those teachers ever tried to stop the bullying. How much easier and better for me it would have been if even just one of those boys had been expelled, which would have sent a message to the others, and, maybe, I would now be an accountant instead of an out of work bookkeeper
maree12
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:49 pm

Postby Fool » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:33 pm

don't rely on other people to support you. it will create dependency

they are willing to hurt you because they feel safe. they don't see you as a threat. that puts you at an advantage if you are willing to hurt them, because they won't see the reality of their situation

you are just as dangerous as anyone else in the world. you don't need big muscles to hurt someone. if a group of idiots decide to single you out, single out the biggest toughest of them and dedicate all of your energy to undoing their life, long term. hurt them at every opportunity. use all means at your disposal and be relentless. don't fight on their terms, don't play by their rules. figure it out for yourself, but make it clear as day that you are willing to get beaten down six days a week if you can burn them to the ground on the seventh.

obviously this doesn't relate to simply getting jumped and beat on for no apparent reason. in those situations it's prob best to tuck your tail firmly between your legs and run for the hills :mrgreen: but if it's obviously bullying, as in people are consistently picking on you simply because they can, then turning their life into a perpetual hell in any and all ways possible will at least provide you with some comic relief, if not resolve the situation entirely by demonstrating you're not worth the blowback.

remember kids, just cuz they can squish you like a bug, doesn't mean they aren't afraid to get stung=)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSsiS-v6_6M
"Kindly let me help before you drown" said the monkey, lifting the fish into the tree.
Fool
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby BoyInABerlei » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:54 pm

I was bullied at school and gave in, because they had forced me into a compromising position and taken photos of me that I just couldn't face anyone else seeing. (I've put the details in another post on this forum, but you can guess from my username what it involved.) The downside is that, once they realised I wasn't going to put up a fight, they could make me suffer as long as they liked. As it went on for years, I can't help but wonder that it might have been better for me to have stood up to them right at the start and taken the initial public humiliation in preference to the years of private humiliation that ensued.
BoyInABerlei
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Previous

Return to Bullying Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post