Our partner

Does anyone here suffer from drug addiction along with the ?

Bulimia Nervosa message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Does anyone here suffer from drug addiction along with the ?

Postby L0tusflwrb0mb » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:55 am

This is my first post so I’m nervous. I can’t wait to get feedback if at all and I just ask you not to judge me for the poor choices I’ve made and keep making because I am trying to change.

I’ve been bulimic since 14 and I’m 33. I’m really worried at times and u break out in panic attacks lately when I think about how bad I’ve messed up my body and constantly worry. Does anyone here suffer from addiction to drugs here? I feel so alone but I have managed to be a ninja at keeping both afflictions secret. Anyone out there like me? And what are the dangers to my double trouble really?
L0tusflwrb0mb
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Does anyone here suffer from drug addiction along with the ?

Postby salted lipstick » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:27 pm

Hello and welcome. I doubt anyone will judge you on any part of these forums. We might all have a lot of harsh judgement coming our way otherwise. :lol:

I don't have an addiction to drugs but I'm also bulimic for a similar type of time. I can understand your worries about the impact on your body. The biggest worry for both drugs and bulimia are on your heart. Do you really want to know more about the dangers to your health? This might make you worried and increase your stress levels. Increasing your stress levels will make it harder for you to stick with healthy change. How have you been going with your efforts so far?
In a way, I am not defined by my dissociation. In a way, I am.

FORMER admin moderator. For current list please see: forum rules and list of active mods
salted lipstick
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:14 am

Re: Does anyone here suffer from drug addiction along with the ?

Postby thewanderingjew » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:31 am

Hi Lotus, you're not alone! Although seldom discussed, bulimia and drug addiction often times go hand in hand. Although it took a while to make itself apparent,I realized that I had spent the few years following my inpatient treatment for bulimia with substance abuse. I had essentially traded out one addiction for another, although I now realize they are but the same in one. I was always a 'wanabe anorexic' despite my full blown out bulimia. I was too impulsive to maintain that high level of control. While sick in my eating disorder, I like most other bulimics was stuck in that ugly cycle of control (starvation) followed by loss of control (binging), followed by shame (purging). I couldn't escape. I also tried to maintain longer periods of control by abusing aderrall and other stimulants by the age of 16. The drugs fueled my eating disorder, and the the eating disorder fueled my drug habits. They were each other's support system. Although I no longer entertain bulimia, I haven't let go of the process and what it represents. it was only after a recent rock bottom with my substance abuse that I realized I never did escape that miserable cycle despite not engaging in eating disorder behaviors! I maintain my periods of control (sobriety), follow them with complete and total loss of control (excessive binging on substances), ending in the same shame I used to know so well (isolating my self and wallowing). You aren't alone with this and I'm so sorry for any pain you may be experience. Be well!
thewanderingjew
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:44 pm

Return to Bulimia Nervosa Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post