Our partner

Eating contests.

Bulimia Nervosa message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Eating contests.

Postby Wally58 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:05 pm

I was reading about Joey "Jaws" Chestnut breaking his old record yesterday: 72 hot dogs in 10 minutes. Why is some of society fascinated by this life-threatening, painful and sick behavior. Where does this come from?
It is promoted and sponsored by big business, so there is the backing of serious money and media coverage. I guess it is news.
I know about the pie speed-eating contests where you can't use your hands and those are almost as bad, but don't seem as harmful as the (1 pie) quantity is fixed.
My dad constantly brings up how much food I ate as a growing teenager and I did eat a lot. He teases me on how little I eat now as I am older. I feel a flash of anger at the dinner table, but act as if it doesn't bother me.
I do still go to the all-you-can-eat buffets as they are a good deal with good variety, but no longer abuse myself. I used to. Over-eating impresses no one at my age.
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:34 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Bulimia Nervosa Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post