Our partner

after 9 years-free of bulimia

Bulimia Nervosa message board, open discussion, and online support group.

after 9 years-free of bulimia

Postby Bia » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:19 am

Hi everybody.
I am 28 yeras old female and since I was 15 I went through 'few' diagnosis like depression, anorexia, bulimia, compulsive eating, anxiety and recently BDD.
The one I was fighting with the longest was bulimia-almost 9 years. After countless attempts to recover from it (with many kind of medications, many psychologists, 5 weeks in psychiatric institution) without success, I thought I am sentenced to live with it for the rest of my life. However, despite of my suicidal thoughts, complete isolation, desperation, a tiny part of myself was still having a hope that one day a miracle might happen and I will be "normal" again.
Well...it wasnt exactly one day, but YES it did happenn! After 9 years I recovered from bulimia. It's more then 3 years now...
I am still suffering from anxiety and other mental "anomalias" and recently from BBD...but now I know I can beat it...which doesnt mean I am not having moments when I am absolutely down, feeling like I will be trapped forever with the sick thoughts in my mind...angry by the injustice, tired of all that struggle...but then another day comes and I am trying again and gaining my faith back. So-dear all -please DO NOT LOSE FAITH. Believe that IT IS possible. Me and other people that managed to recover from all kind of mental deseases are the prove. And if one is able to do so, everybody else is. You as well! Keep trying, keep fighting for better life because even the most hopeless fight is better then any...keep falling for the thousanth time and keep standing up...because the thousand first time might be THE time. That's the message I wanted to pass to you all - however impossible it seems to be, YOU CAN gain back your real self.
With all my heart I wish you to succeed with whatever you are fighting with in your life.
I apologize for all the grammatical errors I made in this text, but as English is not my main languge I hope you won't mind.
If I can help you by any way please feel free to write me or ask me anything...
Bia
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:14 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: after 9 years-free of bulimia

Postby ColouredLeaves » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:38 pm

Hi Bia,
Thank you so much for this message. I have been struggling with eating disorders (changes from anorexia to bulimia to bed) since 1987. I can't tell you how many times I have tried and failed. Your message was really powerful and found me as I am trying once again to recover.
ColouredLeaves
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:14 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Bulimia Nervosa Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post