Our partner

Relationship with Mom

Bulimia Nervosa message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Relationship with Mom

Postby Camary » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:08 pm

Hi there,
I'm new here. Long story short, I'm finally (at age 46) dealing with pain caused by my emotionally distant mother. I struggled with Bulimia when I was in high school through college. It crippled me big time. I lost my ability to stay in college and I lost a long-term relationship. I finally moved out of state for several years and that is when I conquered bulimia. Being far away from my mom really helped me emotionally. Fast-forward to now and after two years in therapy with an amazing counselor, I'm finally analyzing my relationship with my mother. My counselor zeroed in on it pretty quickly, and he said it's commonly tied to bulimia. My mother is controlling, narcissistic, highly critical and emotionally unavailable. It's sad. I'm just now realizing how she altered the course of my life when I was young. I feel so cheated because I never really had a loving, supportive mom. I believe now I struggled with Bulimia due to the pressure and disapproval that I felt from her. It's been painful to dissect my childhood pain, but it's helped me understand why I had bulimia. Does else anyone feel that way? Anyone else feel that their relationship with mom could have contributed?
Camary
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:34 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Relationship with Mom

Postby Snow82 » Thu May 18, 2017 2:25 pm

I struggled myself with that feelings that my mom never loved me and I was so wrong the problem was she didn't know how to express her feelings always was very cold and disapproval an anything I was doing .Luckely I found my husband how change that and actually help me stop to hurt myself. Now I think due to stressful working month s I feel I am going in the wrong path again after 13 years, I don't want to go there again but I think I will take a brake and hopefully I won't relapse.
Snow82
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:34 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Bulimia Nervosa Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post