Our partner

Hallucinations?

Brief Psychotic Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Hallucinations?

Postby 357832 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:00 am

I’ve been trying many drugs for recreational purposes. So probably a month ago I did 200mg of Elavil and really enjoyed the feeling until I started to get super paranoid and then everything in my house started to turn into giant eyes looking at me and it freaked me out so after I finally calmed down I went to bed p but I couldn’t sleep. I was just laying in bed with my heart racing and I started to see extreamly scary crazy thing on my dark wall. I know that Elavil is a sleeping medicine so I eventually passed out and woke up the next day fine. So for about a month every time I try to sleep completely sober I see similar “hallucinations”. I can lay in bed and just watch the wall for hours as I see cat heads and eyes and people wearing masks with knives. I’m not sure how any of this is related to me and I have no mental illness that would cause this. Never saw any of these things until I did the Elavil, I can’t even close my eyes in the shower without seeing them. The things I see freak me out in unexplainable ways and I’m not really sure why. I’ve been drawing these things I see just to understand them but looking at an identicle drawing doesn’t freak me out at all. Is there something I can do to not see these things or maybe some way they won’t scare me so much? I’ve been getting used to them and it’s kind of interesting to see things moving and flashing colors without the use of a drug. Any help on what I should do? Mostly just want an explanation to these things.
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Hallucinations?

Postby Wally58 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:46 pm

Welcome to the forums. I can't offer you an explanation as I can't diagnose you here. You might to speak to your primary physician about what is happening or has happened.
I can tell you what happened to me. Some psychosis may hang on awhile after the initial drug wears off. Memories of the hallucinations can be lifelong. Just make sure that nothing physical is going on that might explain some of this.
Your doctor may refer you on to a chemical dependency treatment intake interviewer? They can give you options. Obviously you both might want to look at your recreational drug use as the main cause of hallucinations.
I used to drink, trip on acid and smoke pot. It started out great, but it eventually changed my life as I became paranoid and agoraphobic. Drugs and alcohol turned against me and I had to stop them.
Life is better and less scary when things are real. Not always pleasant and I still can make stupid mistakes, but today I have better control of myself. It is where I want to be.
Best of luck to you. :D
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Hallucinations?

Postby 357832 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:54 pm

Wally58 wrote:Your doctor may refer you on to a chemical dependency treatment intake interviewer? They can give you options.

I don’t really like doctors and I doubt they would be able to do anything other than call me a druggy. I’m not addicted to anything I just tried it, 200mg isn’t that much but I crushed it up and put it in a drink so I would feel it quickely. I love weed and it seems to fix everything wrong in my life so I’ve been smoking a dab before bed and that helps a ton. I have only tried 100ug of LSD but I want to step it up to 400ug. Honestly I’m not really sure what kind of answer I was looking for when I posted this topic but maybe I can entertain a few people :lol: but thank you for your recommendations.
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Brief Psychotic Disorder