Our partner

Why????

Brief Psychotic Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Why????

Postby maeror » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:57 pm

Hello, I am 29 yrs old and married to the most amazing guy ever. He has a mental condition, doctors says he is close to psychotic or bipolar with schizophrenia. A few months ago he told me that he cant do this anymore and be this fake person he has let me see. He says he is tired of wearing a mask and he needs to show who he really is. He is moving out becuase he things its the best thing. I am against this!!!!!! I am doing everything I can to keep it together and keep my marriage, but he doesnt want to. He says he cant do it. We will see each other still on the weekends, but I fear he will cheat and get closer and closer away from me because of his condition. I have been by his side since he was diagnose. When we got married I said for better or worse, till death do us part. His condition is scary but I'm not scared for me but for him. I am willing to be there for him through all this the bad and the worse it may and will get, why cant he see that?I need help with all of this. I have no one, The day is coming closer and closer to when I lose him and then what?? What if something happens to him because of the voices? Can someone who is dealing with this help me understand why he is doing this to us?????? I want to help him and love him next to me but I am not getting what I want. Please is there someone out there that can help
maeror
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:30 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Why????

Postby Echinacea » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:18 am

Hi maeror,
Welcome to the forum.

I am a mod from the BPD forum but i saw your thread and wanted to ask you for a little more information (it will help for better advice)

1. When he said "he cant do this anymore" (had you argued)?
2. He says he is tired of wearing a mask (do you asked him to tell you "who" he really is) ?

I ask this because i lived with a guy 3 and a half years, and we have been broken up just over a year...and over the last 2 weeks he has started txting me explaining the "person he really is" and to be quite honest i wished i had know this stuff "before" he used the exact sentence your guy used "cant do this anymore" "i cant be this man" "you need a guy that can make you happy" (my ex has intimacy problems, and other issues, (ADHD, Celebral NPD) he loved cuddles, no kissing no sex, so as you can imagine i got very angry and felt worthless, undesired, we had many arguments because of the lack of sex and other family issues

I feel that you must ask him who are you then talk to me about you allow me to understand who you are and what you need? (this will give him a chance to explain) if he does agree to share stop and listen (without judgement) allow him to be his true self and if you can be with the "his true self" then tell him you will help him

Edit: Very often we (humans) rarely listen to each other, which in-turn leads to misunderstanding each other, mislead incompatibilities etc..
Echinacea
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:30 am

Re: Why????

Postby maeror » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:10 am

Hello, when he says "I can't do this anymore" is him saying he cant be someone else who is not the real him. I have seen the real him and I have told him I will still be there no matter what but doesnt seem to change anything. Yes, it is not the person I fell in love with and gave my heart to but I feel that person is somewhere deep inside still. He wants to ###$ other woman because since he has no feelings for anymore or anything he wants to know where his boundaries are. I find that hard to believe that sex would play a part in this, but I agreed to an open marriage. Still he says he wants to come home where there is noone and he can be the real him. A guy that doesnt care and will do what he wants to whoever he wants. He shows me affection sometmes but I can tell more and more he doesnt want that or maybe he doesnt want that from me.... I have done a lot of beating myself up because I dont know where I went wrong. :(
maeror
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:30 pm

Return to Brief Psychotic Disorder