Our partner

Psychosis or Spiritual Experience?

Brief Psychotic Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Psychosis or Spiritual Experience?

Postby justize » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:57 am

Hello. I have had two psychotic breaks, one in 2000 and one in 2013. The one in 2000 I really really believe was what I call a "spiritual experience". I am a spiritual person and was wondering if anyone else here has had similar experience during a psychosis? For example, feeling extra knowledgeable, automatic writing, a feeling of freedom, feeling close to God (if you believe in God). They had a pastor on the psych ward where I was but I never got to speak to him about my experience as I was too out of touch with reality at that time. I find it really hard to explain to people on the outside world what happened to me during psychosis was spiritual. Anyway, just wondering if anyone else here can relate? :?:
justize
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:58 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Psychosis or Spiritual Experience?

Postby sp4rk » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:18 pm

OMG. I had a similar experience. Do you mean I was under some sort of psychosis when that was happening? I thought it was the after effect of going through some sort of mental breakdown. It lasted a few months then it completely vanished, then I was back to feeling miserable, which is kinda 'normal' for me. I didn't believe I was God, or some sort of Savior or anything, it just felt like some sort of 'awakening', if anything.

Like I say, it's gone now, but I don't know if that's partly because I went back onto the antidepressants...
sp4rk
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:58 am

Postby Instigog » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:17 pm

This past year prescribed stimulants caused massive positives than I seemed to go downhill. I'm a little cynical when it comes to religious issues but I was convinced I was being guided after finding a possible artifact in a field that was being bulldozed. What made it worse was the fact that some of my suspicions were spot on about the place I live. Later I found out from an old local pamphlet that one of the first places I visited was held in high regard before the colonials. Spooks the hell out of me still.
Instigog
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:58 pm

Postby mufasaa » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:13 am

Can you tell me more about that automatic writing? I have experienced it but the things I read from it makes me question myself.
mufasaa
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:58 am

Postby AW10 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:46 pm

Well, I think that described is experience of abstract associative psychosis gone berserk, look here for more info.
AW10
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:58 am

Return to Brief Psychotic Disorder

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post