Our partner

Someone Has to Know What's Going On

Brief Psychotic Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Someone Has to Know What's Going On

Postby JustineEllen1997 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:55 am

Last year at the end of March, my boyfriend of 2 years began acting very strange. At first he said he just felt "fuzzy" and couldn't concentrate. By the end of the first week, he had become someone else entirely. He has now told me he was seeing things in that time and he even thought he killed someone when he saw a murder trial on the news. He was... psychotic. At first, the doctors diagnosed him with clinical depression, since he had all the signs of it: insomnia, weight loss, sad all the time, not taking care of himself, etc. But I knew there was more to it when he would say things like "You can hear my thoughts" or "Stop controlling my thoughts". He was sent to a hospital after trying to hurt himself, and then was moved to an actual mental hospital, where he tried to hang himself. I asked his mother if the doctors were thinking of a different diagnoses, and she told me "psychotic depression". When I looked that up, he matched exactly with all the symptoms. After months and months, he showed significant improvements with the help of anti-psychotics (when he was still at home, the doctors only had him on Zoloft, which he stopped taking after about a week). He is now home and is taking Latuda, as well as Prolixin (fluphenazine). His current doctor is trying to wean him off of Prolixin because Latuda is supposed to have less severe side effects, which my boyfriend does have (rapid heart beat, restlessness, dry mouth, muscle stiffness, random facial and body twitches). But even with the medicine, he says sometimes he feels "fuzzy", but not like when he was really sick... A new kind of "fuzzy". His new doctor told him that psychotically depressed patients who are being treated do not feel "fuzzy" or sick at all usually on the meds. His doctor told him out right that he has no idea what my boyfriend has... I am seeking advice, support, and any ideas about what could possibly be going on with my boyfriend... I love him so much and I want to do all I can to help him through this. I want to know that he will feel healthy one day. I want to know if someone else out there has this too, or knows someone... Please, anyone. I would really really appreciate any help.
JustineEllen1997
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:41 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Someone Has to Know What's Going On

Postby ashc » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:49 am

It's sad that the cure to "delusions" is anti-psychotics. People reading his thoughts isn't something that should be cured with medication. Why don't you take him to a REAL doctor? A psychiatrist can BOW DOWN to REAL doctors. His psychosis could be caused by something that can be CURED not simply treated.

Reading your thoughts? That's really not that bad of psychosis. He needs to address his aggression perhaps, but it doesn't need to be treated with anti-psychotics. Take him to a real doctor ... not a psychiatrist. ###$ psychiatrists . You want help? Take him to a DOCTOR and perhaps some REAL counseling. Not that #######4, money-hungry ###$ that will ###$ you to hell and back.
"Come close for I am alone, but stay away for I fear intrusion."
ashc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:41 pm

Re: Someone Has to Know What's Going On

Postby RCCola115 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:44 am

This is an important question when the word fuzzy is repeated.....is your boyfriend a computer nerd or an online gamer?

I know this sounds crazy but fuzzy feelings can be a computer hack that can drive someone crazy. Like a constant whisper in someone's head that seem to be able to read someone's thoughts.

Its actually not crazy talk. Its an outside induced psychosis. I just pray to god it wasn't that.
RCCola115
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:41 pm

Return to Brief Psychotic Disorder