Our partner

Please anyone

Brief Psychotic Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Please anyone

Postby Twalsh » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 am

I'm new here and embarrassed about this but I don't know what is wrong with me. Ever since I can remember I talk to myself constantly and often pretend my friends are there with me. Many times I pretend my boyfriend is next to me and I create scenes or situations and sometimes they seem so real I cry. I have bad paranoid too I can't go to the toilet with the light on it has to be off because I feel as if someone is watching me. During the day sometimes I go into my closet and just sit there and talk to myself and others. I also have bad anxiety I met my boyfriend at the shops the other day and was scared he wouldn't be there and I started crying. Also get moody quickly and for my 16th birthday early this year my boyfriend gave me a kitten which sadly passed away as my mum accidentally ran her over only a few months after I got her and even now I can't think about the day it happen or I cry and have trouble breathing. I use to he a very carefree girlfriend and person trusted everyone now I hate my boyfriend talking to girls I hate him going out and getting drunk and the other night his best friend posted a photo of him my boyfriend and my boyfriends sister and I got mad and I don't know why! It's horrible and rude and I hate me for it but I can't help it
Please what's wrong with me
Twalsh
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:39 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Please anyone

Postby Yorkshirelass » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:18 am

I'm new here and embarrassed about this but I don't know what is wrong with me. Ever since I can remember I talk to myself constantly and often pretend my friends are there with me. Many times I pretend my boyfriend is next to me and I create scenes or situations and sometimes they seem so real I cry.

I have done this since I was a child, I also had an imaginary friend.
I think I've done it so much because I was withdrawn and lonely. Mother's fault she never let anyone in the house and she never liked me anyway.

You sound depressed and lonely. I think you should make an appointment with your doctor and explain how you feel he might be able to help.
Yorkshirelass
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ornithine » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:45 pm

It is an illness. It might have a social cause or perhaps more likely, particularly if you come from a stable family background without a history of trauma, an organic/physical cause, though not many of these organic causes are understood as yet.

See your doctor. Get a referral to a clinical psychologist and a psychiatrist. Ask your doctor to include the following tests to rule out known organic causes of your illness: serum amino acids, urine amino acids, the full range of B vitamins but particularly B1, B3, B6 and B12, metabolic screen, heavy metals.

If a doctor looks at your test results and sees abnormalities he is not familiar with, they may write them off as meaningless. So look at the test results yourself to see if there are abnormalities. If there are abnormalities in your urine or serum amino acids or metabolic screen, ask for a referral to a metabolic clinic. If your B vitamins are low, ask your doctor about taking B vitamin supplements. Deficiencies in the above B vitamins can cause your symptoms. If you think this is crazy, look up pellagric psychosis as an example on google. In some countries the recomended lowest B12 safe level is double that in other countries, so watch for this.

However, whilst any abnormalities in your serum amino acid, urine amino acids and metabolic screen results may reflect a metabolic disorder underpinning your condition, the chance are your particular disorder is not yet understood, so there is a good chance this will not resolve matters. But at least you will have some idea that there is a probably an underlying cause of your disorder. You should raise this each time you see a new doctor in case they know the cause.

Act on your doctor's advice. Good luck.
ornithine
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby ashc » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:31 pm

Twalsh wrote:I'm new here and embarrassed about this but I don't know what is wrong with me. Ever since I can remember I talk to myself constantly and often pretend my friends are there with me. Many times I pretend my boyfriend is next to me and I create scenes or situations and sometimes they seem so real I cry. I have bad paranoid too I can't go to the toilet with the light on it has to be off because I feel as if someone is watching me. During the day sometimes I go into my closet and just sit there and talk to myself and others. I also have bad anxiety I met my boyfriend at the shops the other day and was scared he wouldn't be there and I started crying. Also get moody quickly and for my 16th birthday early this year my boyfriend gave me a kitten which sadly passed away as my mum accidentally ran her over only a few months after I got her and even now I can't think about the day it happen or I cry and have trouble breathing. I use to he a very carefree girlfriend and person trusted everyone now I hate my boyfriend talking to girls I hate him going out and getting drunk and the other night his best friend posted a photo of him my boyfriend and my boyfriends sister and I got mad and I don't know why! It's horrible and rude and I hate me for it but I can't help it
Please what's wrong with me

Wow. We have quite a few similarities! First of all, if that happened to one of my pets, it would affect me for much longer than two months. I'd have to find a way to block it out, because it would definitely make me cry, probably panic attacks. Secondly, you and I relate to the bathroom thing. The difference is I think I'm being watched through my own eyeballs as if I had some sort of micro-technology (camera) surgically implanted in my eyes . The only thing I can do is close my eyes which isn't easy. It affects me the worse when I'm using the restroom, showering and changing clothes. Do you tend to think people are watching you anywhere else?

I talk to myself sometimes by accident. Sometimes I just talk and convince myself there is someone listening. I'm sorry you get in the closet and cry. . . How long have you been in this relationship with your boyfriend? I used to be the same way especially when I was a little bit younger as far as being carefree in the beginning then changing. In one relationship (I was 18 at the time, 26 now), I was incredibly confident and highly secure in the relationship. He was very much into me. Anyway, I got to the point I'd get so angry if he gave any attention to his girl cousins or anything. I couldn't control it even though it was family. I'd still get so angry and secretly jealous. I almost broke up with him , because he hugged his cousin. That only made him become less attracted to me, but I couldn't control it. The feelings were overwhelming- jealousy, anger or whatever it was. It's almost impossible to describe to another person. Plus, I hated myself for it which made me feel even worse. I so badly wanted to be normal. Now as I've gotten older, I wouldn't feel the same way. Still have issues in relationships though...

You said you went to meet your boyfriend at the mall and got scared when you couldn't find him. I can imagine how this feels. I remember having feelings like that when I was really young. Do you think you have any issues with abandonment? Why do YOU think you pretend your boyfriend and friends are with you when they're not? Do you get lonely? I'm just curious what you think might be going on .

I hope you talk to a psychologist. Sounds like you're dealing with some emotional issues. In all honesty, I (NOT a mental health professional) think this isn't a matter of psychosis. Well, except the thing about people watching you. Hmmm. I guess that is off. Yeah. You should talk to a doctor, but all that other stuff doesn't seem as bad... I have no idea. I'm definitely crazy. Lol.

Good luck. I hope you get some help. You're far too young to be dealing with all these issues! Try to find a way to seek help. Does anyone in your family know about this?
"Come close for I am alone, but stay away for I fear intrusion."
ashc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:39 pm

Postby ashc » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:30 am

I really hope you talk to someone. You're so young. You should be happy!

Talk to someone, a PROFESSIONAL, before it get worse. :(
"Come close for I am alone, but stay away for I fear intrusion."
ashc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:39 pm

Return to Brief Psychotic Disorder