Our partner

How long will it last?

Brief Psychotic Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

How long will it last?

Postby adq23 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:05 pm

I don't know if this is "brief" enough, but as there isn't any drug-induced psychosis forum and as I don't have any diagnosis such as schizophrenia, I suppose this thread belongs here. Anyway, about two and a half years ago I had a major psychotic breakdown, and I thought that there was a big conspiracy out to get me and that everyone was plotting against me and so on. This was a sort of aftermath of another paranoid psychotic breakdown I had about a year earlier, which was the peak of a prolonged losing of my mind, which took place for about a year I think. However I'm not sure when I started losing my mind; I can only infer that some of my behaviours and thought patterns were not entirely sane.

Anyway, after a few months of hell I went to see a doctor, and they sent me to a psychosis clinic to which I went for therapy for about half a year, whilst taking antipsychotics. I've since moved in an attempt to get rid of the environment that makes me paranoid, which worked for a while, but as my therapy was discontinued I started getting symptoms again, and even had myself commited for a couple of days. Anyway, I've taken my antipsychotics every day ever since they put me on them, maybe missed it just once or twice, and in spite of this I can't seem to get well. Sure, I am certainly better and more lucid than during my breakdown, but I can't seem to get rid of the paranoia, no matter how much they up my dosage. I almost panicked by it yesterday, and thought of having myself commited again. So my question is, how long will I need to suffer from the paranoia? Can I get rid of it if they only restart my therapy, or will I need to live with this for the rest of my life? Should I even consider getting it checked out, to see whether I have a chronic condition?
The world is hollow and I have touched the sky.
adq23
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:40 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: How long will it last?

Postby Yorkshirelass » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:11 am

What meds do you take?
Yorkshirelass
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:40 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby adq23 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:40 am

Yorkshirelass wrote:What meds do you take?

I used to take zyprexa, but now I take abilify. Maybe I need to switch meds again, or up my dosage.
The world is hollow and I have touched the sky.
adq23
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:40 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby curiousmindz » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:00 am

I would experiment with mediation and try to become more physically regular and healthy.

-- Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:02 pm --

I would experiment with mediation and try to become more physically regular and healthy.
curiousmindz
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Brief Psychotic Disorder