Our partner

I still experience some anxiety...

Brief Psychotic Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

I still experience some anxiety...

Postby guitarstring10 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:28 am

I've been suffering from Brief Psychotic Disorder F23.0 for more than 2 years now. I've tried a lot of drugs and none of them seemed to help me improve my condition. This year in February I've decided to go on a electroconvulsive therapy treatment which helped me a lot. I got rid of the most anxiety that prevented me from a lot of common activities, but I still experience some anxiety and cannot watch the TV or enjoy the nature when outdoors. Is this state temporarily? Will I feel better after time or should I go on a electroconvulsive therapy again? Are there any other methods?
Thank you for your time and response. :)
guitarstring10
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I still experience some anxiety...

Postby ornithine » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:26 pm

Talk to your doctor first and act on their advice, but you could try folic acid and lecithin. They help me a lot with my anxiety, insomnia and panic attacks, almost completely resolving these symptoms, but they don't help me with the paranoia. I don't know if they will work for you or not.

I am no expert. There are risks using supplements in the same way that there are risks using any drug. A lot of the side effects of using supplements are often unknown and I don't even know the known ones, so check with your doctor about the known ones. For example, there are some reports that folic acid supplementation increases the risk of colon cancer.

My personal view is that folic acid and lecithin may act as ornithine decarboxylase inhibitors in me and that this is the mechanism of action that helps me. Ornithine decarboxylase produces polyamines and folic acid is reported to be closely linked to polyamines. Polyamines are implicated in psychiatric illness. In my view, polyamines may play a significant role in anxiety disorders.

Also, make sure you are getting sufficient dairy products like milk.

Best wishes
ornithine
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:48 pm

Re: I still experience some anxiety...

Postby ornithine » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:43 pm

PS. I think that because of my disorder probably causing excess polyamines that I probably have food intolerance to foods containing amines e.g. red wine and cheese. So watch out for this when eating dairy products. Personally, I am fine with milk and egges, but I avoid cheese as I have a bad reaction.
ornithine
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:48 pm

Return to Brief Psychotic Disorder

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post