Our partner

Does anyone else have a history of physical symptoms too?

Brief Psychotic Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: Does anyone else have a history of physical symptoms too?

Postby loise » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:03 am

hi guys! I made a strange discovery yesterday. I was given a histamine test in the hospital (neumologie) they measure the amount of air you inhale, and the measure after several dosis of histamine, how much this is reduced. so I did ok in the test, and then I was given the medicine to counteract to all this histamine, so that I could go home,...and there, things started to go wrong... exactly what happens to me several times per week,
I started feeling shaky inside, I can not think clearly ( I am about to take a test on dementia)
I become slower, I do not know if my pressure or sugar goes down....

but I am happy and surprised to see, that some of my head problems are due to lack of air in my brain I guess.... dementia has been the cherry in my cake for several years, although not diagnosed, I would experiment this rare episodes.
my mother and grandma have had vascular dementia.

-- Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:13 am --

hi "Angelofmercy"
I have read a book on high sensitive persons by Elaine aron, and I could totally identify myself later growing with other complications....but what I want to say is that I have lived with my nervous system to the top alert throughout my 50 years and I am feeling the consequences. I have lived with pain, tremors, spasms, for many years already. My nervous system is breaking down...
friends have often told me that I have fibromyalgia among other things..not yet diagnosed.

with vitamins and supplements, and changing drastically my life style I am being able to recover some aspects of my health, others I think it's too late.

autism, epilepsy and thyroid problems is very present on my mother's family....yeah! genes! to me at this point is about educating myself, so my children will be better informed than I was, and will deal better with what is to come, than I have.
thanks for your message!
loise
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:45 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby ornithine » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:20 am

The more you find out the better. You can look at getting diamine oxidase tested which acts on histamine. There are supplements available. Also you can cut a lot of histamine out of your diet, though you may find amines and other food chemicals effect you, too. But in both cases talk to your doctor and act on their advice. And if you do change your diet make sure you speak to a dietician and doctor familiar with the elimination diet as well. If you do this, discuss with the dietician using only rice bran oil and limit other cooking oils which I think are high in tryglicerides which are, from memory, reported to often be high in psychosis. They seem to be a big trigger for me. Best wishes
ornithine
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby loise » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:18 pm

hi ornithine! thanks a lot for the advice. most of the professionals that help me, know very Little about nutrition, but still they have managed to help me. due to a diabetes diagnose, i started eating six times a day and changing portions, and adding many other things. the result besides bringing back the sugar to normal, i have lost 16 pounds, and i notice that my modos have become more moderated. i had always very high highs and very low lows. overall i am feeling better.
i want to say that i have almost totally stopped cooking with oils. i boil, oven or steam...and maybe this was one of the most radicals changes i felt almost inmediately when i started the diet..

i am trying to make a habit, a good habit of the new changes....until now, three months later, it takes lots of my time, just to eat a balanced low sugar, carbohydrate, meals.
thanks!
loise
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Previous

Return to Brief Psychotic Disorder

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post