Our partner

Sleep Apnea

Breathing-Related Sleep Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Sleep Apnea

Postby subtalus » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:24 pm

Just checking to see how many people who have gained weight due to medication have also developed sleep apnea. I did. I gained 55 pounds and started falling asleep at work. I had the sleep test and it revealed that I had an apnea 120 times an hour (30 times is considered severe). They threatened to take my driver's licence away. The net result is that now I am on CPAP and can't imagine being without it.

Please post away.
subtalus
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Thu May 13, 2021 8:26 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Kathie23 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:44 pm

My Husband gained some weight and was then tested for sleep apena. He also stopped 127 per hour and was considered to be severe. He also requires a cpap machine and was told that his pressue might need changing in the event that he dose loose weight. I know he will never be able to have a "peaceful" night's sleep without his machine and we will be forever in debt to the cpap it saved his life and our marriage.
Kathie G
Kathie23
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu May 13, 2021 5:26 pm

Postby RustyAngel73 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:14 pm

I gained weight with a combination of medication (taken for bipolar) and bad diet/low exercise. I'm working on combating the diet/exercise thing right now but in the meantime my sleeping's got worse - I've always had sleeping problems similar to those of a sleep apnea sufferers, but its only gotten worse, and lately its really severe. I'm being tested in a week or so for sleep apnea so will report back whether i have it or not.
RustyAngel73
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri May 14, 2021 10:56 am

Return to Breathing-Related Sleep Disorder

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post