Our partner

27 year old BPD Amy Winehouse found dead

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

Re: 27 year old BPD Amy Winehouse found dead

Postby lockett » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:27 am

Not sure what the evidence is but I see these names quoted a lot on the net to have or possibly have BPD, here's one from a site called Everyday Health.

Borderline Personality Disorder - Putting it into PerspectiveHello again! It’s me, Aireyel.
If you remember from my first blog last week, .............snip

I’m envisioning that you still are not taking this to heart, so I did a little more research. I tried to find out famous people who had this disorder in both the past and the present to make it more interesting and perhaps put things into perspective.

The following famous people have or had borderline personality disorder:

Britney Spears, Marilyn Monroe, Kurt Cobain, Heather Mills, Christina Ricci, Elizabeth Wurtzel, Pete Doherty, Winona Ryder, Angelina Jolie, Courtney Love, Lindsey Lohan, and Amy Winehouse, all suffer from "Borderline personality disorder (BPD)".

More famous people with borderline personality disorder:

Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald- Author of "Save me the Waltz" (her autobiography), dancer, artist and wife of writer F. Scott Fitzgerald. She was said to be unusual. She nursed until she was four, twirled and danced in public, and underwent heavy ballet training as an adult. However, she ended up spending most of her adult life in and out of hospitals and treatment and was originally diagnosed with schizophrenia and manic depression before being diagnosed with borderline personality disorder.

Susanna Kaysen - Author of "Girl, Interrupted" the story of Susanna's stay in a psychiatric hospital as a late teen. She is also the author of many other books. Look her up!

Princess Diana – I truly appreciated this quote that came from the book Diana in Search of Herself by Sally Bedell-Smith

"Famous people with mental disorders may not be in the same social circle as we are, so we may not be able to relate to their fame/celebrity in some ways, but we do share the common bond of having a mental illness. We cannot relate to their having unlimited financial resources, while we may lose our jobs and have to fight just to get Social Security Disability. However, we do share the same struggle as far as the problems and symptoms that are characteristic of Borderline Personality Disorder itself—in that way, we are all the same, famous or not.".............snip

- Steve
Last edited by lockett on Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lockett
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:00 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby ajr8 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:16 am

How do we know all those people have BPD? I'm very doubtful about Winona Ryder, she seems more like a wannabe to me.
ajr8
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:00 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby miss_communication » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:42 am

ajrocker8 wrote:How do we know all those people have BPD?

+1
"I carried my heart in my hand. Do you understand? Do you understand?"

INFP - 4w3, 5w4, 1w2 - sx/sp - avoidant/borderline tendencies - GAD - scorpio - Fe - Ne - Ni - Si - Fi - Se - Te - Ti
miss_communication
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby amy_p » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:56 am

I'm also sceptical that all those people have BPD...
amy_p
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby ajr8 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:00 am

But as for Amy Winehouse, I admit she did seem to have BPD but then again maybe she just had a severe drug addiction, it's hard to tell them apart sometimes.
ajr8
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Platypus » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:15 am

In this article she's reported as having "apparent borderline personality disorder".
No diagnosis, lots of opinions, and a bunch of issues that I haven't quite figured out.
Platypus
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:00 am

Postby ajr8 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:47 am

Very short article but interesting.
ajr8
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby lockett » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:27 pm

ajrocker8 wrote:How do we know all those people have BPD? I'm very doubtful about Winona Ryder, she seems more like a wannabe to me.

Ha ha, thats the spirit, the rest of society are just BPD wannabes.

Anyway, how do we know anyone isi BPD? I mean, it doesnt come with a stamp across the forehead does it? :) I guess if someone fits the criteria closely enough the likely have it. Although like any so called mental disorder, its probably on a continuum, slight BPD to extreme BPD, extreme schizophrenia to slight schizophrenia, so there is probably no precise cut off line, Iwould say.

PS, I just used the word mental "disorder" but actually my understanding from reading channeled information is that there is no such thing as a mental illness or disorder, its all a choice of the individuals inner consciousness, solely for the purpose of experience, in this and each lifetime. So this is the choice of the BPD experience. BPD-----a mental choice. solely for the sake of the experience.

Steve
lockett
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby crimsonandclover » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:24 pm

ajrocker8 wrote:How do we know all those people have BPD? I'm very doubtful about Winona Ryder, she seems more like a wannabe to me.

Why the hell would anyone wish BPD on themselfs?

-- Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:24 pm --

Why the hell would anyone wish BPD on themselfs?
crimsonandclover
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby the owls » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:17 pm

actually she said in an interview that she has bipolar disorder which can manifest in very similar ways to borderline pd. tabloids often speculate and the media/public likes to diagnose celebs with various disorders but the fact remains that these people are strangers and you are diagnosing them with an untrained, unprofessional eye based solely on their public behavior. so like. stop doing that.
dx: borderline pd. bipolar. anxiety. ptsd (mostly in remission).
rx: 200 mg seroquel 15 mg remeron 300 mg wellbutrin. still searching for the right cocktail.

+++

Let everything happen to you: beauty and terror.
Just keep going. No feeling is final.
- Rainer Maria Rilke
the owls
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

PreviousNext

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views