Our partner

friendly neighbors stopped talking after small argument

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

friendly neighbors stopped talking after small argument

Postby jaus tail » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:08 pm

so here's how it goes. there are two friendly neighbors n we often talk together.
neighbor#A, and neighbor#B

every evening we'd hang out together. i got along better with A's mom and would talk with her more than A or B

A few times A and B passed snide remarks. Eventually i got pissed off with B n walked away from them.
then A and I would talk like exchange pleasantries while B and I wouldnt talk.

I then told to a third neighbor that A and B often act entitled. somehow this information gets relayed to A and B.

Once i was trying to sort stuff with B, n we sorted. then i said, i am pissed off at A too because of some snide remarks A passed. some remarks were very nasty. n i said that i am not friendly with A as much as i am with her mom. i am not friends with her.

B goes out n says this to A.

next day i started getting negative vibes from A. i asked her, hey what's the issue.
she didnt say anything. just said grudge.
i then asked A's mom, n A's mom told me that i had spoken to the third neighbor that A and B are entitled, and that I had spoken to B that I am not friends with A's mom.

A's mom and I talk but, A and B don't talk to me.

i tried to sort stuff with them. but B said that you went out and bitched about us that we are entitled.

like wtf... so many times we all say a few stuff about another to someone. i didnt say anything nasty just that they act entitled.

A called me worse stuff. but i wont repeat them cause i dont want to further insult myself.

B has told to me that A hasnt done her studies. I didnt go out and say this to A, cause well this would hurt A.

Once A told me that talking with her fiance is a chore. I didnt go to her fiance and say this. When I told to B that i have issues with A too, it wasn't B's job to go and say this to A.

Am i wrong here?
exhausted
jaus tail
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:20 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: friendly neighbors stopped talking after small argument

Postby IDeerInHeadlightsI » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:11 pm

@JT,

Yea. Calling someone entitled behind their back and them finding it out that way definitely is rude even if you feel that they deserved that comment.

People don't like the idea that someone will discuss them negatively behind their back. The better thing to do here is to actually have an affirmative conversation with someone if you feel they are crossing boundaries or making you feel uncomfortable with that person face to face.

If you can't do that, try to channel that frustration into something else. What you say about people behind their backs will usually come out.
IDeerInHeadlightsI
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:20 am

Postby jaus tail » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:41 am

I tried sorting it out with them but they wont listen. i'm not going to beg.. :?
exhausted
jaus tail
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:20 am

Postby Snaga » Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:14 pm

jaus tail wrote:I tried sorting it out with them but they wont listen. i'm not going to beg.. :?

NEVER beg.

Tell someone today you love them, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also confusing and terrifying.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:20 am

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post