Our partner

i want the voice to go

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

i want the voice to go

Postby jaus tail » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:53 pm

help me... the voice doesnt go... there is this tv show where:
womanizer has affair with married woman, manipulates her into thinking its true love whereas in reality hes only fooling her. when the husband finds out, he divorces the woman.
womanizer dumps the woman but later manipulates her back into his life only to fool her into prostitution... when she realizes she's been fooled, she kills him.

in prison she regrets leaving her husband...

the two voices go in my head: either i'm the womanizer who's betraying others whenever i stand up for myself... or i'm the wife who's been fooled time and again by others...

n it's driving me crazy....
exhausted
jaus tail
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:23 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: i want the voice to go

Postby Remember Ronni » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:01 pm

Easy......stop watching the show. Watch something else. Read a book. Turn the tv off. It is just a tv show. Entertainment. Why not watch a cheerful happy show instead, where they all live happily ever after at the end.
Diagnosed with Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder (BPD)
Remember Ronni
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:23 pm

Postby jaus tail » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:40 am

yeah have stopped watching that show. but have seen the episodes so many times on youtube, i even remember the timeline and which scene occurs when :(
but whenever i see a happy show, i think of life before breakdown :(
exhausted
jaus tail
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Remember Ronni » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:38 pm

That's tv for you. The thing to remember is it's not compulsory. If something is doing your head in, or triggering you then turn it off, find something that will make you feel better.

As for life before breakdown.....everyone's lives change. But you need to stop wishing for the impossible. And until you invent the time machine it is impossible to turn back time. Doesn't matter how much you wish. Learn from it, move on......because that is all any of us can do.
Remember Ronni
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby jaus tail » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:10 am

Remember Ronni wrote:That's tv for you. The thing to remember is it's not compulsory. If something is doing your head in, or triggering you then turn it off, find something that will make you feel better.

As for life before breakdown.....everyone's lives change. But you need to stop wishing for the impossible. And until you invent the time machine it is impossible to turn back time. Doesn't matter how much you wish. Learn from it, move on......because that is all any of us can do.

The voices dont go. at times its the voice of someone i saw years ago on tv. i dont know who i am.
if i read an article about a son mistreating his parents, i feel like i'm that person n feel guilty. if i read an article about someone betraying his friends, i feel like i'm that person when i stand up for myself.

i want to know who i am... who am i..........
exhausted
jaus tail
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Remember Ronni » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:45 pm

If you feel like this is a serious mental health thing then you need a mental health professional not a forum. So hearing voices that aren't really there would be a good reason to go see someone.
Remember Ronni
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby jaus tail » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:09 pm

I was seeing one but cant go due to lockdown. The therapist wont take video calls.

I dont actually hear voice but think im a vicious person.
exhausted
jaus tail
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Remember Ronni » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:34 am

Yes, lockdown has been hard on everyone. I don't think I have spoken to anyone now for nearly 6 months. We're all struggling with one thing or another. Anxiety, Depression and Insomnia calls to GPs are all up.

There are movies, shows, books etc all of which could be triggering for me. So I only ever watch them when my emotions are doing ok. Something happy, or inspiring or just plain spectacular. Try and look for the good, the beauty, the nice in people, in you, once in a while. It helps. Life is after all what you make it. Which way you go is up to you, but living in the past like that all the time isn't good for you, clearly.

I spent 20+ years working as a lawyer representing the abused, the mentally ill, violence victims, child protection. There is bad stuff in my life. I was abused as a child. I have BPD. I stood up for those that couldn't. I used my past to drive me not bury me. I wanted to be a survivor not a victim. I helped them and that helped me.

Of course eventually I did go a bit doolally. But that's a whole different story.
Remember Ronni
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby jaus tail » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:26 pm

Im 30 now. Hope i can say i lived good life in my 30s. Have therapist appointment tomorrow.
exhausted
jaus tail
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby jaus tail » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:17 am

the voices are driving me crazy :( m exhausted..theres just so much i can go through and my therapist cant continue because there is lockdown..
exhausted
jaus tail
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post