Our partner

Is behaving in a "borderline" manner make it okay...

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

Is behaving in a "borderline" manner make it okay...

Postby voidance » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:41 am

For a partner to be physically abusive towards you?

I know my reactions can be over the top and I feel that I push people towards being violent to me.

After a particularly traumatic relationship where I pushed out memories, it seems to be repeating and I am the only consistent factor. I feel like it's my fault for being a difficult case.
voidance
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:49 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Is behaving in a "borderline" manner make it okay...

Postby thegentlepath » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:55 pm

voidance wrote:For a partner to be physically abusive towards you?

I know my reactions can be over the top and I feel that I push people towards being violent to me.

After a particularly traumatic relationship where I pushed out memories, it seems to be repeating and I am the only consistent factor. I feel like it's my fault for being a difficult case.

Hi voidance, I would say no. I would say physical abuse is never okay. I’m not knowledgeable enough about domestic violence to offer more insight than that. :(
thegentlepath
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:49 pm
Blog: View Blog (110)

Re: Is behaving in a "borderline" manner make it okay...

Postby Remember Ronni » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:40 pm

Absolutely not. It is never ok to use violence other than perhaps in self-defence and then it has to be reasonable and proportionate. It is never ok to use BPD as an excuse for that violence. Yes we may find it more difficult to control our emotions but that is no excuse for abusing another person.

I remember saying something similar to my therapist - about me being the common denominator. She said it was more likely I just had appalling taste in men ;)
Diagnosed with Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder (BPD)
Remember Ronni
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:49 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post