Our partner

Imagine if there was a pill you could take.......

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

Imagine if there was a pill you could take.......

Postby Remember Ronni » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:41 am

Found this rather interesting https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51317388

A pill to hack heartbreak? To ease the emotional pain of trauma? I wonder how that might work with someone who has BPD?
Diagnosed with Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder (BPD)
Remember Ronni
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:28 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Imagine if there was a pill you could take.......

Postby jaus tail » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:02 pm

I'd take it. Undo the past n be clean again.
exhausted
jaus tail
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:28 pm

Re: Imagine if there was a pill you could take.......

Postby Remember Ronni » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:56 pm

Not sure it would be quite that effective. I think you have to do the whole therapy bit too, with the PTSD patients I mean. Just an interesting theory.

I seem to recall I was prescribed these many, many years ago whilst doing my final exams. i never had reason to take them again. I certainly didn't lose any of my brain functioning - I was in the top 5%. It definitely didn't wipe my memory or reset anything just by taking it. That would have been miraculous, to cure BPD before you even knew you had it. It just made me curious that's all, as to whether it might help sufferers of things other than PTSD.

Right now the meds when you have BPD are so hit and miss - try this one being the usual approach. I found they just made it worse for me. But then no one can really tell me what the levels of my brain chemicals should be. It's all just guess work so it's interesting to see a different approach. Who knows where it might one day lead?
Diagnosed with Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder (BPD)
Remember Ronni
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:28 pm

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post