Our partner

Disney-level Happiness

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

Disney-level Happiness

Postby jaus tail » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:50 pm

is there disney-level happiness in life? i mean the last few times i had disney level happiness, i ended up making very very terrible decisions. is anyone disney-level happy?
exhausted
jaus tail
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:11 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Disney-level Happiness

Postby Remember Ronni » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:44 pm

Is Disney not just a kid's thing? All make believe and magical. Surely that can only ever exist in the movies? Or if you mix your meds with vodka, maybe.
Diagnosed with Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder (BPD)
Remember Ronni
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:11 am

Postby jaus tail » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:52 am

i was expecting that kind of happiness earlier.
exhausted
jaus tail
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Remember Ronni » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:42 pm

expecting it?
That's fairy tales for you......
Diagnosed with Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder (BPD)
Remember Ronni
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:11 am

Postby thegentlepath » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:35 pm

Hi jaus tail,

The Disney corporation runs suicide sweatshops, pollutes the environment, & exploits child labor. Disney level happiness is a big fat corporate lie. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
thegentlepath
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:11 pm
Blog: View Blog (121)

Postby JustHelpful » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:26 pm

jaus tail wrote:is there disney-level happiness in life? i mean the last few times i had disney level happiness, i ended up making very very terrible decisions. is anyone disney-level happy?

Not for any sustained period of time for anyone. There is life with long periods of relief from emotional pain but Disney Level happiness as someones baseline, nope.

Society from what I have seen over the years has a whole bunch of people striving to act "Normal". And the reality is behind the scenes everyone (not just folks with diagnosed mental illness) act crazy. There was actually one point where I thought I had met someone who was "Normal" for real even behind closed doors. He was a surfer style dude, great education, good looks (not that I am into guys) and his wife visited the office one day and she was surprisingly plain and down to earth compared to her model-ish looking husband.

I thought ok here we go, this super nice, well groomed, handsome, educated, pleasant to everyone guy is an example of someone who actually is the "Normal" act that everyone else has to pretend in public. And I kept that thought until a couple of subordinates told me about how he treated them and it was jaw dropping. He had total issues with trust and micro managed everything they did in a super condescending way that definitely wasn't routine.

I realized everyone, even him had hangups and was just not this act of "Normal" behind the scenes. It really sucks in a sense that society feels like they have to act "Normal" and then we wall behind the scenes act "Un-Normal" at times yet then feel shamed like we somehow are not the "Normal" we put on in public. We shame ourselves for not being "Normal" for real like everyone else. But turns out from everything I have experienced my whole life, that there is no "Normal" other than the act for any lengthy period of time in a persons life. Everyone absolutely everyone you see reverts to "Un-Normal" quite often when they are not putting up the act.

Anything that appears like Disney-level Happiness either doesn't exist or only does so for brief periods of time. And many times photos that express Disney-level happiness you might see on social media are put up to prove to others that they are that happy but without them actually being so.
JustHelpful
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:11 pm

Postby jaus tail » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:16 am

Not for any sustained period of time for anyone. There is life with long periods of relief from emotional pain but Disney Level happiness as someones baseline, nope.

true. like life without stress or something.

He had total issues with trust and micro managed everything they did in a super condescending way that definitely wasn't routine.

but i think he must be happy with his life. i mean he was a bit condescending to others but for himself he'd be happy right? a clear conscience.

Anything that appears like Disney-level Happiness either doesn't exist or only does so for brief periods of time. And many times photos that express Disney-level happiness you might see on social media are put up to prove to others that they are that happy but without them actually being so.

i've deleted my account on facebook. but its a pretty good illusion to have. a life with white picket fence.
exhausted
jaus tail
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post