Our partner

I need help

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

I need help

Postby sickofbeinginvalid » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:45 am

I’m ill. Very ill. I can’t look inside... whenever I try to it’s just too icky and gross. My mind will look for things on the outside to make me feel better and to satiate the bottomless pit of emptiness. It’s physical. It’s palpable. I can literally feel the never ending swarm of melancholy and my inner child screaming in my chest. I’m trapped... someone save me.
sickofbeinginvalid
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:38 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I need help

Postby jaus tail » Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:11 am

i had an anxiety attack a few days ago. what helped me was chanting the name of god. i'm not religious but chanting sort of calmed me down.

earlier i used to hug pillow as if i'm hugging my inner child n i'd say 'i'm right here for you. dont worry. i'm here.'
exhausted
jaus tail
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:38 pm

Postby sickofbeinginvalid » Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:16 am

jaus tail wrote:i had an anxiety attack a few days ago. what helped me was chanting the name of god. i'm not religious but chanting sort of calmed me down.

earlier i used to hug pillow as if i'm hugging my inner child n i'd say 'i'm right here for you. dont worry. i'm here.'

Yeah that makes sense. I definitely feel like I need to let the emotions simmer down before I can check in with the child. When my emotions are flaring (which is almost constantly) I have no luck because constant self-doubting thoughts are being flung about in my jumbled brain. My emotions run my life....

-- Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:17 am --

jaus tail wrote:i had an anxiety attack a few days ago. what helped me was chanting the name of god. i'm not religious but chanting sort of calmed me down.

I am also sorry to hear you were struggling with your anxiety but also happy to hear you were able to manage it well in the end.
sickofbeinginvalid
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:38 pm

Postby jaus tail » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:06 pm

Therapy helped me a lot. Perhaps you could give it a try. I was in therapy for a year and half.
exhausted
jaus tail
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:38 pm

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum